+ Reply to Thread

Smile Graffiti problem in kyocera ky7135

HI,
    I am facing a problem with my ky7135 model, everytime a soft reset is done it takes long time to calibrate the screen by graffiti.can someone suggest any shorter way to skip this.

Does it keep asking you to retry the calibration?

If so, you may have a hardware problem, or on the verge of having one, as the software may be having a hard time making sense of the information it is getting from the touch-screen digitizer.

Four things come to mind:

1) make sure your screen is clean of debris
    2) there is another calibration toolset - freeware, with Digi and Digitest programs. They use full screen cross hairs for calibration and testing the accuracy of the calibrated digitizer. If you're having hardware problems, Digitest might let you see how bad it is...
    3) there is a small chance it is something as simple as a loose connector that you might be capable of resolving yourself. You'll have to figure out how to open it up and where the connector is located, and of course following standard anti-static proceedures unless you want to make a bigger problem...
    4) there is a gentleman on ebay that does repairs. Look for the thread discussing him in this forum.

Good Luck.

No, i have to calibrate the hinge continuously, for more than half an hour on graffiti.I mean i have to do tapping 100 of times to set the calibration

After you complete the calibration, there's a couple of buttons on the screen, one is "done" and one is "don't show again"... Just tap don't show again and then it won't ask to recalibrate every time you reset the device. You can still get into the calibration by going to PDA prefs->Digitizer

Yes, thanks for that, but when it restarts i have to tap graffiti again and again, idont know how but yesterday it got activated after 30 taps.
    Is there any way so that i can avoid tapping and bypass the setup menu directly without tapping.

IF you set it up to not ask you again to calibrate the screens, it should not ask you unless your machine gets wiped (as in a HARD reset, and not a soft reset).

So - if you are having regular HARD resets, either you are a developer with some serious coding issues, or you have some applications that are not functioning correctly on your phone (it may well be a combination of programs interacting), or you have a hardware problem.

Given that you have such a hard time calibrating the screen, I would suspect a hardware problem. Rule out the other possibilities by only adding one app at a time and give it lots of time and exercise to test it before adding another application. Be sure to keep a written record of what you'd checked out.