+ Reply to Thread

Wierd symptoms of 7135

Greetings. I've had a Kyocera 7135 for about a year (had one replaced by my father who had a couple) and the latest one had been working fine and dandy until just the other day. It still works, but I am suspicious of it.

The LED light that lights when someone is calling, or when you loose and gain signal (not the beeper display, that displays time, incoming call information, and signal strength), stays on constantly. It stays on Green or Red depending on... I really don't know.

This all started about 4 days ago, right after a long night of drinking. I got into a fight with a friend (we were both wasted beyond wasted), and next morning I found my phone completely uncharged, all of the programs and stored phone numbers gone, etc. I said to myself, 'No problem, I hadn't charged it for 2 nights in a row'. Well, upon recharging, switching batteries, etc, I have these lights on constantly. I still can make and receive calls but I wonder if this light is on to indicate some type of problem to the user.

Also, when powering off, the Kyocera logo that usually runs through is completely distorted. It shows vertical slits resembling a barcode from a supermarket item.

Thank you for your time,
    Roberto
    Yeah....
    -Rob

Quote Originally Posted by theartofbone
    Greetings. I've had a Kyocera 7135 for about a year (had one replaced by my father who had a couple) and the latest one had been working fine and dandy until just the other day. It still works, but I am suspicious of it.

The LED light that lights when someone is calling, or when you loose and gain signal (not the beeper display, that displays time, incoming call information, and signal strength), stays on constantly. It stays on Green or Red depending on... I really don't know.

This all started about 4 days ago, right after a long night of drinking. I got into a fight with a friend (we were both wasted beyond wasted), and next morning I found my phone completely uncharged, all of the programs and stored phone numbers gone, etc. I said to myself, 'No problem, I hadn't charged it for 2 nights in a row'. Well, upon recharging, switching batteries, etc, I have these lights on constantly. I still can make and receive calls but I wonder if this light is on to indicate some type of problem to the user.

Also, when powering off, the Kyocera logo that usually runs through is completely distorted. It shows vertical slits resembling a barcode from a supermarket item.

Thank you for your time,
    Roberto
    Sounds suspicously like the there was some physical damage to something inside the phone. And if you were zasted in a bar fight you may not remember using your 7135 as a pair of brass knuckles You might want to try the guy from ebay to repair it.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thank you for the reply Mguzzy. I would also like to add that that same LED light also lights up orange... ;( But so far the phone has been working ok. I think my battery life is pretty down though, I have a few spare extras, gonna see if thats what got messed up (the battery drains extra fast now, I think...).

Once again,
    Thank you

And man, I wish I could do the Ebay option. Only bad thing is that im in the dominican republic... ;(
    Yeah....
    -Rob

As an alternative to sending it in, you could try a to do a hard reset. Search the forum for instructions. Since you lost all of your data anyway this shouldn't be very traumatic for you . Good luck!
    Last edited by Osteo; 01-28-2006 at 06:47 AM.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....