+ Reply to Thread

Question to ponder...

This has been bugging me for over 2 years. Every morning I set my 7135 on silent mode (hoding down the lower volume button) when I take a shower (so as not to bug my wife if it rings). After about 2 seconds of holding down the button the phone vibrates to let me know its in silent mode. Here's the rub: sometimes it vibrates once and sometimes twice. I can't discern any rhyme or reason to the choice it makes. Has anyone else noticed this? Has anyone figured it out? Initially I thought it may be due to battery state but its not; day of the week, but its not, odd or even hour of the day but its not. . .
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

I've noticed that as well. Like you, I cannot figure out why it's doing it either.

Ditto.
    No idea why.

I remember somebody asking about that before in a thread about a year ago or so... There was no conclusion to it then either. Maybe its a manifestation of how it recognizes a "press and hold" on the button. BTW sometimes mine will vibe three times sometimes.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thanks for the responses, guys. Funny that no one can figure this out, and MG, I don't recall seeing that thread but you win with the 3 vibes!

I have never noticed this. I have put my 7135 in vibrate-only mode numerous times (when in meetings, etc.), and I did it several times after reading this post, but it has never vibrated more than once.

How odd, I'd never noticed it before, but now that you brought it up its gonna bug me too. Thanks jerk.........HA HA
    Transform and roll out...

I just did some tests & this is my outcome:

you get 1 vibe if you press & release or press until the vibe STARTS then release,
    2 vibes if you are still holding it after it BEGINS to vibe the 1st time.

Try it, let me know...

You really win, Thaxman. Mine always will vibe twice if I hold the button and once if I let it go immediately upon feeling the vibe. Great detective work. I blame the fact that I only do this at 0600 before coffee for me not figuring this out