+ Reply to Thread

How do you have your 7135 configured?

Okay, I haven't seen a thread like this in a while and since I'm too lazy to find the old one I thought I would start a new one. So for all of us die hard 7135 users...

How do you have your 7135 configured? How have you modified it from the factory default? I'm not just talking about what programs you run but what have you done to your phone to customize it to work for you: what Launcher, flash ROM mods, button assignments, overclocking etc. Have you made any changes to the case, stylus, carmount, etc? And if possible post a pic or two.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Here's how I have my 7135 configured

OK here's mine: This is my original phone that I got in back in May 2003. Believe it or not I'm still running on Firmware rev: MZ36/SZ23. I think I prefer the combination of the Graffiti 1 and Jot to that of Grafitti2. Besides things have always run fine and stable so I've not seen the reason to upgrade.. if ain't broke don't fix it I guess.

Phone settings: Button sounds set to clicks, Time set to manual,
    Button assignments: Nothing fancy on my buttons assignments, from left to right: QBTimer (Time and billing), TakePhone, Bob's Calculator and AOL( for eMail).
    Ringer: My primary ringer is the "Old telephone" it always turns heads...
    Flip sounds: Open: Kirk Here, Close: Kirk Out

Speed dials: I modified the default voice mail speed dial so it enters my password and proceeds to the voicemail, I also setup speed dials to check my minutes usage, pager and dial into my office voice mail systems using the pause and hold features to enter my passwords and prompts.

Flash ROM Mods: none

Physical Mods: none

I'm running LauncherX for my launcher. I tried ZLauncher for awhile and though I found it more featured I didn't think it was worth the extra overhead it took up, besides I found myself spending too much time tinkering with it. LauncherX will run apps from the SD card and has a decent built in file manager.

Utility/system apps: I'm running the contrast bug fixer and Energy saver as all 7135 owners should. I'm using Jot for grafitti enhancement. I'm over clocking with an old copy of FastCPU (v2. left over from my Visor days. Works fine for me.

Hacks: none

Apps that replace the installed apps: Acid Image (Image viewer), Bebopper (MP3 player), Agendas (Datebook), FileZ (file manager)
    Other apps: TakePhone (of course), BackupBuddy VFS, Quickoffice, Mapopolis, AOL, Minutes Plus
    Web apps: WebPro, Dir Assistant, Novarro web
    Games: you betcha! still like backgammon, Bejeweled, InsaneAquarium...

Add ons and accessories: I use Strong Engineering Screen protectors. I've modified an IConcepts pen/stylus for a HP to fit in the 7135 silo. And I created a carmount cradle that uses the plug from my hands free car kit. So when I slap the phone into my cradle I'm on speaker phone. I have a Veo SD Camera, that I use it infrequently... its more a toy than a functional camera.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
    mg

I feel so BORING suddenly... I have no real mods at all. I have downloaded ringers like crazy from this forum, and have losts of apps (incl. 2 pages of games!!) but I want to overclock by 10% or so, but am in the dark & afraid to get inside. I would LOVE to get the contrast bug fixer and had no idea there was an energy saver app.

Of my non-gaming apps, I find I use BeamPRO, Convert-It & Loan Helper the most, but have PalmReader, EZTip & BeamCrack among others.

So the big ?? that I (& alot of the late-into-the-gamers) will want to know is how do we hot rod the phone safely?

As long as I am on the "how-to" list, what about wallpapers & screensavers? And how risky? Anyone?

You thought you were boriong... I'm stock Vanilla with Launcher X, running JKWare's Card Backup. Using the most current ROM but have Avatar-X's Millikeys stamp and Graffitti Anyware as well (to use on the top screen in the middle of the night w/o turning on any lights). The only key I've reset is the web key and this brings up a drug data base that I use frequently and a long press starts Graffitti Anywhere. I've set time to manual to stop the hesitation bug. Using an old version of Crash that doesn't require a hack master. No physical or other ROM modifications. I'm using the Startrek ringer (the one that starts with the hail and ends up with full klaxon red alert after about 20 seconds) and a home made morse code mp3 for the message alert. Still happy as a clam with my 7135 clamshell...
    Last edited by Osteo; 02-09-2006 at 07:40 AM.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Talking

Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe its years of experience, but I have a rock-solid stable 7135 that treats me right!

Backup Buddy (Saved my ass too many times to count!)

Hackmaster

Millikeys (Who needs graffitti?)

Ranosoft HBX (hard button extender. No 7135 should be without it!)

PK-Write (Intelligent text prediction)

Eudora Mail (I know there are better e-mail apps out there but this one is free)

Web Pro (The best of a sorry bunch of browsers)

Omniremote Pro (I rarely use it, but its always good for impressing friends!)

Warfare Incorporated (the best game ever written for Palm OS 4)

Pocket Dimension II (dungeon crawl)

Open Chess

Draw It (Surprisingly powerful free paint program)

I still have the Bebopper MP3 player and Acidimage installed, but my Video Ipod has pretty much made those obsolete. But Bebopper still comes in handy once in a while when there's a song on my SD Card that I need a few people to hear together. I just play it through the phone's speaker so they can get a rough idea.

I really feel like the programs I've listed above have mulitplied the usefulness of the 7135 many times over a stock phone. I highly recommend them all (except Eudora Mail and Web Pro which I only recommend with reservations.)
    Last edited by jazmaan; 02-09-2006 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thaxman
    I feel so BORING suddenly... I have no real mods at all. I have downloaded ringers like crazy from this forum, and have losts of apps (incl. 2 pages of games!!) but I want to overclock by 10% or so, but am in the dark & afraid to get inside. I would LOVE to get the contrast bug fixer and had no idea there was an energy saver app.

Of my non-gaming apps, I find I use BeamPRO, Convert-It & Loan Helper the most, but have PalmReader, EZTip & BeamCrack among others.

So the big ?? that I (& alot of the late-into-the-gamers) will want to know is how do we hot rod the phone safely?
    Thaxman,
    Check out the thread I started in the 7135 FAQ on Setting up and Optimizing your 7135 I tried to collect all the apps and stuff that were written specifically for the 7135 and things people had mentioned in the past. I tried to include links to the software. Search the past posts for Afterburner there is quite a dialog on that. Thier are references to the other software in the old 7135 Download area.
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 02-09-2006 at 07:53 PM.

Darkside of the Moon
    Good to know about the optimixing link thanks Mark.

My current config:

Today software
    RT backup (countless saves of all data!)
    Datebook5
    Energysaver
    Contrast Fix
    X-MasterHack (symbolhack, smoothscroll)
    Adobe reader
    FileZ
    Silverscreen
    PDAcheck

Games:
    Bejeweled
    Klondike
    Prison
    Rally1000

My tried and tested apps - it's been very solid.
    BackupBuddy
    Launch 'Em - tabbed interface and supports apps on SD card
    Datebook 5
    Minutes Plus
    Docs to Go
    Bug Me
    BeBopper - rarely use - now have iPod
    AvantGo
    Eudora Mail
    Eudora Web -rarely use-mainly google-never found satisfying browser
    FileZ
    XMaster - Mid Caps

Settings:
    Buttons-Datebook5, Contacts,Messages, Memos
    Phone Software: MZ1.0.36 PDA: SZ1.0.23
    Ringer-Stock Chrome Waves
    Speed Dial - just a few
    Voicemail - configured to call my number and input password
    Don't use the flip sounds - everyday became annoying

Car Mod:
    Bought a holder made for the original Treo PDA and glued a plastic 7135 holster into it. My phone slips into it in the open position and then can be closed. Never bought the hands free gear. Use a stock Verizon earpiece/stick mike for hands-free talking. Not very pretty but functional.

No mods to body - would like to try the SkinIt covers but I don't think the phone would fit into the holster if the skins were on it. Use the holster sometimes. Decided against leather holder cuz I use the cradle all the time when home.

Use the modem/data cable when on the road with laptop and no WiFi service available. That is the coolest thing this phone does!

Also have to work in the boonies sometimes - having the Analog signal is a plus

Cindy
    Love my 7135!