+ Reply to Thread

Maximizing my Chances w/ Verizon

I have a 7135, have had for about a year. Had a problem from day one, sent it to Harold for fixing. I expect to have it back tomorrow, Thurs. 2/9.

Unfortunately, he tells me he had to replace the phoneboard, which means there is a new ESN AFAIK, whatever that is. Apparently it lets them know, or believe, I have a different phone so suppose it is a serial number.

Now. I have seen some suggestions such as: "call on weekends or @ 5:00am to get a newbie."

mguzzy says it IS E911 compliant.

Another said, a certain CS guy helped.

Another said, CS will do it where a regular call taker won't.

How can I maximize my chances of getting my phone back on Verizon's system? Under the radar, so to speak.

Thanks a lot.
    Don Cook
    Formerly Coming to You on my Much Missed 7135 by the Sea Now on a Shiny 700P

Has anyone had any luck walking into a store?????

I've always found it helps to endear yourself to a rep at a store... especially one high up in the food chain. That way when you have problems their more likely to go the extra step to help you. The only problem with Vzw is they turnover is pretty high and the good people either move to another company or get promoted. But that's the only way I've found walking into a store works otherwise you take you chances with who comes up to help you.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I worked with quite a few people who moved over to Verizon stores. Problem is Verizon has rediculously high sales quotas, and if you can't meet them, no matter how good you are, well, lets just say Verizon demands absolute motivation in its sales people.

Wink

I had the same problem. My phone went dead 2 weeks ago. Tried to register it through the internet. It said call customer service. All I said that I am waiting to get my new phone and need to register my spare phone, and they did it. Just give them the ESN number without going in great detail about the 7135 phone, and right away I heard my new phone beep with the voice mail. It seems the system will take it but now it forces CS to select a Data plan. CS told be to dial *228, at that point I lost her. It worked, the problem was that the switched me to their Data plan. I dialed #3282, and started seeing the Kilobyte usage numbers increasing. I called again and said I don't want the data option, CS said, Oh I am sorry, I see you were diconnected. I will fix it. UUUh! that was a close one but I got switched back to my old plan of MOU deduction of my mintues. Say a little prayer while talking to CS before, during and after.
    Last edited by Samy; 02-10-2006 at 06:06 AM.

Samy,

Thanks for the advice. This gives me a way to start out. Wish me luck!
    Don Cook

My experience was similar to Samy's.... Harold fixed my phone, swapping out the phone board. I was unable to switch to the new serial over the 'Net, but I was able to do so by calling and talking to a rep. They offered a data plan but I was able to stick with my MOU, with no pressure from the rep. Since I'm within a month or two of my "new every two" anniversary, they tried to get me to go for a new deal.

Erik

Yup. If you already have one, VZW doesn't appear to want to get in your face when you change ESN's.

They changed mine without even blinking, never offered any data access stuff.

Seems to me they were not even allowing new ESN's for existing phones for a while back there a few months ago.
    Don Cook