+ Reply to Thread

Battery Status Indicator

My Handera 330 has a battery indicator as a picture of a battery to the right of the time on the top of the application launch window. My wife's 7135 does not. They are both running the same version of Palm OS approximately.

Why? Which is the default behavior? If no battery indicator. any idea what is causing it on my Handera? I turned off all my hacks, and it's still there. If having the indicator is normal, any idea why it doesn't appear on the 7135?

Thanks -- Vincent

I guess the standard launcher on the 7135 just doesn't include the battery function. You can switch to the phone app to see the battery status or run a third-party app like FileZ or BatteryGraph, both of which show battery status. I think some of the aftermarket launchers also have that functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dolittle
    I guess the standard launcher on the 7135 just doesn't include the battery function. You can switch to the phone app to see the battery status or run a third-party app like FileZ or BatteryGraph, both of which show battery status. I think some of the aftermarket launchers also have that functionality.
    FileZ??? Really? Seems like a strange feature for a file maintenance app.

Thanks -- Vincent

Yup, it (FileZ) shows memory status as well.

Bebopper also puts a battery status icon on the display.

I remember this discussion when the 7135 first came out. The version of the Palm OS 4.1 was customized for the 7135 by Kyocera and for some reason they decided the battery display was not needed in the palm side. I think the leading theory was that it was because the battery level displays are on the phone side display and the LCD... But then so is the time so go figya! I personally use LauncerX so its become a non issue.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dolittle
    I installed FileZ and don't see a battery indicator on the desktop. I do see one displayed on the FileZ page. What do I need to do to tell FileZ to show it on the desktop?

Thanks -- Vincent

I didn't mean to imply that FileZ adds a battery status indicator to the standard launcher. It does not. It just gives you an option to view battery status without switching to the phone side (plus it gives much more detailed battery status than the phone).

There are a number of Hack and DA (desktop accessory) solutions for viewing the battery condition.
    One or more may be a solution for you.
    Look over the offerings at www.freewarepalm.com, particularly the Utilites/Misc class. The bottom of the first page and top of the second page list several apps.

Perhaps the battery hack is closest to what you are talking about? I seem to recall using it one or two generations of machines ago...

Sorry - I can't make a recommendation based on experience for the 7135. I just look at the small LCD or press the "phone" silkscreen button twice.