+ Reply to Thread

problem with sd card

I have been searching through the history but have not come upon this.

I have an sd card in my 7135. It worked for over a year. About 2 months ago I started getting the error message 'memory mgr problem at line #(???), unable to find card'

I use BBVFSpro. Everything was fine until 2 months ago. I have just been doing manual backups due to lack of time to resolve this.

I upgraded BBVFSpro and had problems until I removed the card and then it worked fine. However when I put the card back in, BBVFSpro asked to copy pgm to card and it did but when I went to backup, it said the card was not there. The file manger knows it's there as I can view what is on it. The lock on the card is off.

Do I need a new card?

Kdscalling
    KDsCalling

The symptoms tend to indicate a card problem. You need to try a different card to check this out. However, a low or bad battery could also cause this problem. First, ensure that the problem exists with the phone on the charger. If it does, then buy or borrow a different card and see if that fixes the problem. If not, it is probably the phone.

I would agree. Try reformating your SD card in the phone and see if that has any effect.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Like most programs, check what version of BBVFSPro you are using.
    They recently released v3.2.15. Look at their web pages for update info - I think you have to email them for a registered update version.

Unhappy problem with sd card and BBVFSpro continue

Well, I wrote BBVFS and they gave me instructions to delete everything off of the phone and the card. Then soft reset. Then download ver 3.2.15 and install it. I did. It still would not recognize the card. So I bought a new card. Did it all again. AND BBVFSpro still does not recognize the card. The palm os does, the pgm FileZ does. And I can move things on to it. I have writen BBVFS again but I am not sure if there is another setting that somehow is not correct?
    I am now using a 512 SD. The lock is not on...I moved a file just to make sure.
    KDsCalling