+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Sync ???

Question Hot Sync ???

I recently went to Hot Sync my 7135, and recieved a message that I never have seen before.
    I inserted my 7135 into the cradle and pressed the Hot Sync button on the cradle. The message "This feature is not available when the port is in use" appeared on the phone. No Hot Sync occured. What does this mean?
    I have the cradle connected via the USB.
    Any info on what to change in order to Hot Sync would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

I've seen this too. I've been able to bypass the error and successfully sync by launching the HotSync application from the System folder. Set to Local and Cradle/Cable and tap the center icon and it'll work just like pushing the HotSync button on the cradle, except no error message.

I've never had the problem, but isn't this the message that some people have reported when they use the hotsync button on the cradle only, but have been able to avoid the problem by using the hotsync touchscreen button under "system" on the phone?

Oh, I guess so.... I re-read Dr. Dolittle's post a little more carefully.

This is an infrequent problem that others have posted about before. It can happen on any Palm. Just take the battery out and put it right back in. The soft reset clears up the problem and the hot sync button will work.
    Cindy
    Love my 7135!

Ah...ha

I didn't even think to do a soft reset, that's an easy great idea. Thanks Cindy. I will try that first. It that doesn't work, I will definitely try that Thaxman way, that also seems like it should work fine.

Thank you so much, will try both tonight, will repost the results.

Thanks again,

-Ticoriguy

I've seen this more times than I care to admit. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why, my dad's palm does the same thing. I found it easier just to use the hot snyc button on the phone instead of the cradle, works every time.
    Transform and roll out...

That is exactly what happened to me. Using the hot sync button on the phone it self is the easiest way to go.

Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate it.

-ticoriguy

fax modem / hot sync conflict

I have this happen all the time. My solution is go to the fax/ modem and then exit. Hot Sync will then work. Funny little work around. If anybody knows the real solution, let me know.

The fix I found for this was...

If you open the HotSync application on the palm -> select the Menu -> and open the conduits

I found the conduits were corrupt or even gone. So I deleted all the conduits and setup the PC -> USB and PC -> Cradle conduits again