+ Reply to Thread

Fatal error in AM

My phone has the msg Fatal Error every morning on the screen and I have to reset it. I have Backup Buddy and it just started within the last week doing this. Anyone have this problem?
    <'(((>(~~~

It's most likely one of the applications running on the phone. I would start by turning off backupbuddy and see what happens. Then remove 3rd party applications one by one until the problem goes away. The last one you removed is probably what caused it.

Thanks, I will try that and let you know.
    <'(((>(~~~

yes I think there is something running overnight that is causing the error. Do you have your BackupBuddy to backup at night? if so turn it off or try removing and reloading. You also might try getting a program called Crash pro to help monitor what app is causing the error.
    mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I too had BBVFSPro set to backup in the wee hours of the morning, only to wake up and find the 7135 had crashed.

I haven't had the time to play with getting this auto backup working yet.

I now just use manually triggered backups when I think of it.

For what it's worth, I also run DateBk4, which also wakes up and does an update overnight, but I made sure the time wasn't a conflict with BBVFSPro (which was to run afterwards).

I did write to Blue Nomad awhile ago with a bug report, and a request for the "If no HotSync in:" feature to be pairable with a time of day for starting the backup and to allow it to consider HotSync and/or a BBVFSPro backup(IOW - if I haven't had a backup by HotSync or BBVFSPro in 3 days, then do one at 3:30AM).

I too strongly suggest using Crash Pro - it is really handy on a 7135 when things get a little rocky. Unfortunately, it appears that I starting using Crash Pro after the BBVFSPro overnight crashes.

Please update us if you figure out something!