+ Reply to Thread

Question how to turn 7135 phone side off during charging?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a program or setting to perminantly turn off the phone side of the 7135? I recently upgraded to a 650 because of issues with the 7135. If I can get the phone to stay off perminantly so it doesn't drain the battery it would still be an excellent pda/mp3 player. But if I turn off the phone and then plug it in to charge, it automatically powers up the phone and either is SRCP/searching or constantly saying "powering on..." Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks,
    JohnA

7135 ways my phone is better

Odd

That is a new one on me. If my 7135 is plugged into the desktop dock, it stays in whatever state it was in. Though once plugged in and charging I can turn it off an on. I just checked all the settings, and I don't think there is a way to do what you need. Good luck though.

JohnA, Mine is the same way. I cannot get it to charge while it is SRCP (it turns on) unless I charge the battery independently & out of the phone. But I did not consider removing the charger from the cradle & plugging it directly into the phone. Try that.

Mine was like that too. And I used mine for a contacts rolodex for a while since it was of no use as a phone. I think what I did was put it on the charger with the battery cover off so I could soft reset it while it was on the cradle... then I turned off the phone side before it powered up and SCRPed
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.