+ Reply to Thread

synchronizing with a mac

I just bought a macbook and am having trouble syncing. I have palm desktop installed and hotsync installed. I can sync the phone and the screen goes through saying all the programs are syncing. However, my address book, to do list, etc arent syncing right. The addresses from my phone aren't showing up in palm desktop and when I put an address into palm desktop, it won't go to my phone when I sync it. Any help?

help anyone?

Mac to 7135 sync

Hello,

I used the palm software and found it for the most part to be inadequate when syncing with a mac via usb. When I switched to Missing Sync for Palm OS things became seamless. MS alows you address book to be synced with isync and your phone. Really elegant solution. However, my father uses the 7135. I don't use the 7135 anymore but I gave my father my phone and extra accessories (moved to XV6700). That allows him to have a cradle permanently connected to his mac and a cradle downstairs for the bedroom. What it means for him is 5 batteries and no more lost backups.

If you're set on the 7135 give Missing Sync for Palm OS a try.

BackupBuddy VFS Pro rocks!!!!
    No Question, under the latest OSX version, and an iBook G4 1.42, the Missing Sync and Blue Nomad's Backup Buddy VFS Pro for an onboard SD card backup regimen is a seamless and flawless way to go.

Frankly, the Palm Desktop synch software is not current and does not function well if at all, so you will need to spend some money for the state of the art solution, but it is worth it, to me as a semi-power user, anyway!

Check it out online first and these companies offer full trial versions taht function for a limited time without paying first.

Good Luck!