+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SRCP prob.

SRCP prob.

I haven't seen a thread about this Service Required-Contact Provider in a while, so I'm wondering if I'm just one of the last of the 'mohican's' using this phone. Anyways, I just started getting SRCP, the phone will search and search for a signal, then like once a day it will allow however voice mails I've received to come through--then it goes again.....I'm using this on Alltel, bought it off ebay about 1 yr. ago, have thoroughly enjoyed it, still like the looks of it over Treo or Blackberry (clam shell feature). Is this phone just too out of date? Any suggstions? Thanks in advance......

I believe ALLTEL will still activate 7135's, so all you have to do is send yours to Harold to have the phone board replaced and you should be back in business. It's the folks with Verizon service that run into a brick wall after swapping the phone board.

I just got mine back & am happy I went thru a board replacement over spending $300 for a Treo. Sure the 650 is pretty powerful, but since so much of the software that the 7135 thru in free needs to be purchased for the 650, plus the lack-of-clamshell & the req'd data plan and the loss of native Grafitti and...

Just pay the $30 & let Harold buy you some more time on your 7135. I think you will find it worth it. his ebay id is hscarp if you need to search w/i members in case he doesn't have an auction running.

way to go Thax.. nice to see you still chuggin' along with your 7135... nurse it for as long as you can... I know I miss mine, kind of like a first girlfriend.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Especially when said girlfriend could have been Bridget Fonda's twin... Yeah, I know what you mean.