+ Reply to Thread

KYO 7135- PHONE AND PDA USE freeze

I have read all of the comments about the 7135 freezing and I wanted to get some general opinions. I use my phone strictly for phone and pda use and was wondering if users are having the freeze problems with pda and phone use only or are they having this problem while using the other features. I guess what I am wondering is if I may encounter the freezing problem with phone and pda use only... thxx

The facts of life in connection with software are as follows:
    1. All software has bugs. This is true no matter how old it is or much it has been tested. There is always some code path that will fail. It might never be executed, but it is there.

2. Software cannot fail if it is never executed. One way to avoid software bugs is to never load and/or run a piece of software.

3. Not all failures are due to software. Sometimes the hardware goes south.

Bottom line: Using only the phone and basic PDA capabilities (i.e., no games, no internet browsers, no MP3s, no photos, etc.) can make failures less likely to occur, but it is no guarantee.
    Last edited by tedcmiller; 10-24-2006 at 09:04 AM.

In addition, it was either Silverdragon or MGuzzy that said he begins EVERY day with a soft reset and has seen a dramatic reduction in freezes. I follow that mantra as well, and have only had freezes when using EIS browser. Everything else works very well.

Yes, the EIS browser is very flakey. I have on occasion used it with no problems. However, I have also frequently experienced the "Fatal error" failure which requires a soft reset. I have occasionally been forced to do a soft reset with other applications but not very often. I have had to do only one hard reset in 1.5 years. I restored the unit from my HotSync backup. After that experience, I got BackupBuddy so I could restore the unit without being near my PC. So far I have not used it to restore the unit. I don't even know if it works.