Hello, I recently picked up a cheap Smartphone. Keen to start surfing the web one small page at a time, I added GPRS to my mobile plan. It didn’t take me long to figure out that the greater web was just so much ‘dog food’ as far as mobile browsing went: you could eat it if you were hungry enough, but it wasn’t really what you’d call fit for human consumption.

Hoping to redress the balance in a small way, I’ve put together a slimmed down, XHTML version of the Wikipedia. This was originally going to be a private get-to-know-XHTML event, but I’m so pleased with the results that I thought I’d make it a public resource. If you’ve got your phone with you (or a hankering to see a really minimalist version of the Wikipedia on your regular browser), I’d appreciate it if you could spend a moment or two at: http://wapipedia.org

As a newcomer to the mobile browsing world, I know I’ve probably missed some basic interface issues, so please send back any thoughts that come to mind while you browse my site – I’d love to have your opinion. And if you think it’s ready for prime time viewing, I’d be honored if you’d link to the wapipedia. Or just answer the poll...

Regards,
Peter