+ Reply to Thread
    Slave to all that beeps Halitosis's Avatar

How to delete multiple emails...

Stupid question:

What is the proc for selecting multiple emails for deletion?

Can't seem to find the right series of pushes/clicks/shoves/wipes/swishes.

Halitosis

Doh... I though you were posting the solution. Please include a question mark in your subject when asking. This is one of my minor nit picks about the Droid. Can't mass delete or mass mark as read on emails (can on SMS). Also, can't select and delete without opening the email. The first two were a 3rd party add-on for Windows Mobile, but the third at least was built in.

Hopefully someone will write an app to extend the inbox with these abilities.

Alan

Using regular (POP) email, you can't "mark all" or "unmark all," (which is on my wish-list for sure) but you can mark them individually one after another then delete all the marked emails or have all marked emails changed to read from unread. Just tap along the left edge of each email left of the name of the sender. The box turns green with a check in it. Then select Mark Read or Delete from the options that open at the bottom as soon as one or more are marked.

I'd like to be able to change the font size in emails, and, even more than that, I'd like to see filtering and rules available to move emails into folders. Like Win Mobile, the email app in the Droid is quite lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by csodjd View Post
    Using regular (POP) email, you can't "mark all" or "unmark all," (which is on my wish-list for sure) but you can mark them individually one after another then delete all the marked emails or have all marked emails changed to read from unread. Just tap along the left edge of each email left of the name of the sender. The box turns green with a check in it. Then select Mark Read or Delete from the options that open at the bottom as soon as one or more are marked.

I'd like to be able to change the font size in emails, and, even more than that, I'd like to see filtering and rules available to move emails into folders. Like Win Mobile, the email app in the Droid is quite lacking.
    Doh!. I didn't even see those checkboxes. Works in the Gmail box too.

Alan

Outlook email multi select support?

Has anyone solved this for outlook based emails?
    Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
    --Lance Armstrong (1971 - ) U.S. cyclist, 7-time winner of the Tour de France, cancer survivor

Quote Originally Posted by adackram View Post
    Has anyone solved this for outlook based emails?

if you mean exchange based email- then it works just like above. To the left of each email on the list is a check box that is grayed out. Just check the boxes on the meails you want to delete and hit the delete ky that pops up.

Slave to all that beeps Halitosis's Avatar
    Oh man... I feel stupid now.

There it is right in front of me...

Halitosis

Delete Multiple Emails

The only way that I have found is to go into your gmail account and delete the emails and then Refresh your email account on your Droid.

yep check boxes are your friend.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png