+ Reply to Thread
    PFM

Anyone using Good with Droid

Is anyone using Good for Enterprise software with their Droid. It looks like the Droid is supported and it may get me past the issue of keeping my Exchange email, contacts and calendar synchronized with our company server. I use Good now with my i760.

http://www.good.com/media/pdf/enterprise/gfe_android_ds.pdf?utm_source=google

it is VERY limited on the droid- i tried it out after having used it on my i770 (and before that a couple treos, and xv6800, and a centro)- all it does is contacts, calendar, and email. no notes. no public folders.

I'd look at touchdown exchange- it has more features, syncs (roughly) into the built in contacts app so your other apps have access to contacts. Respects remote wipe and other excahgne security rules. The developer is very responsive and whips out a new version like once a week- as opposed to slow as molasses good.

Touchdown is a one time cost (19.99?)- but there's a 5 day free trial. As opposed to good's ongoing licensing fees - which for my small company uses a hosted provider are equal to like 30 bucks - EACH PHONE EACH MONTH.

I used good or many yeas and loved it- but their android client is literally too little too late, and touchdown is like the best exchange ativesync client I've ever used.

PFM
    Looks good but unfortunatley I don't think our hosted Exchange provider will install it.

touchdown is a client that installs on the phone (~20 bucks ONCE to buy the software per phone). Good is a server that you have to have on the exchange end (at ~ 30 bucks a user/month) AND also a client on the phone (free).