+ Reply to Thread

The Official Q9M/C Homescreen Thread

I figured I would start a homescreen thread for us Q9m and Q9c users out there. I made a lot of different screens for my old Q and they all work with my new 9m but most of my old ones had a blue theme to them to go along with the look of the old Q. Now, with the Q9m mine now all have mostly a red theme to them. You will see that as I post them that they all have the same exact layout to them - just different backgrounds and color variations. they are all maximized for a large calendar and task view along with easy views and access to your VM, EM, SMS, MMS, and missed calls. The only plugin needed to run any of my screens is Facade from SBSH software - SBSH Mobile Software - Making smaller bigger. I also use Papyrus and now Pocket Weather both from SBSH. Pocket Weather is nice as it integrates right into your Facade calendar view on your homescreen and takes up no additional screen real estate. To capture my screen shots I use the free program from Ilium Software - Ilium Software Screen Capture - A Free Screenshot Utility for Your Windows Mobile Device
    I will put together a file that contains all of my backgrounds and the xml files needed to run these along with the instructions on how to load them in your Q9 if you are not sure how to do it. I am attaching 4 screen caps now for you to check out....
    Enjoy!!!
    Attached Images

Schweet!
    Those are pretty cool. I just use pics that seem to flow well w/the text for my homescreen.

Yours is more business setup than mine is so it works better.

yeah, i like to see alot of my calendar at once. i wish SPB would make Diary for Smartphone then you could list both the calendar and the tasks on the main screen instead of having to scroll and click to the tasks. but Facade works great and allows for a lot of customization.

Does anyone know of a way to just get rid of the "news" and "Get applications" part of the home screen? Other then those 2 items I like the standard screen I am using.

Thanks
    mlc

copy the homescreen xml file from your q9m (in your /applications/home file) to your pc. open it up with notepad and you will need to remove the plugins for those 2 items. what is the actual name of the homescreen you are using? if you let me know, i should be able to tell you what plugin lines to remove.

I am using the VZW Classic layout.

Thanks
    mlc

By the way,is there a way to make the clock show up at the top of all applications? With WM6 Pro there is a check box in the clock settings for this, but I have never found one in WM6 Standard.

Again thanks for the help!
    mlc

Any ideas on exaclly what plugin lines to pull from xml to remove the two items from my homescreen?
    mlc

i will look into it for you and see if i cant figure it out.

I have one I have been using for a while.

I made it to go with the default verizon theme. It has some Q9m style to it and I think is far easier to read than any of the ones it comes with.

The bitmap attached is usable as is (it is not a device screen shot like the ones above).
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HyperSprite; 05-30-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Schweet!
    I just started learning how to do these Homescreens, I've been using Homescreen Builder to just throw a picture and a theme together. I don't like stuff cluttering my images so I try to get something where I can put the text on the side so far.

First one is an endoskeleton skull from the Terminator movies, the theme is kinda grey/silver but then whatever you highlight is red like the eyes. My first one ever. I make the pictures in photoshop and then load them up using that software.

Second one is Iron Man and the color theme I think matches it very well.

Not sure if we're supposed to just post the pictures of them or attach them so I'll follow suit and attach.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Q9M/C Homescreen Thread-exohs.gif   The Official Q9M/C Homescreen Thread-ironmanhs1.jpg  

i am glad to see some activity on this thread again! is anyone using the google search homescreen plugin? it works great.

Schweet!
    I don't use a whole lot of plugins, I don't really want my phone to crash. I've had enough problems just with the damn programming and trying to get calls. This is about as far as I'll go. That and google maps just for directions seeings how the phone does not have its own gps and the rest of the program is worthless to me w/out that feature.

the google plugin doesnt seem to take up any overhead - it is just a google search link that allows you type in your search term right from the homescreen and opens pocket IE with your search results. below are some screen shots from my screen and also the xml plugin code you need to add it to your homescreen.

I now have my screen setup so you have to scroll down past the facade calendar view to get to the profile and the google search plugin.

here is the xml code needed:
    <plugin clsid="{A5CE7B87-DC8C-474d-855A-270DEB26515A}" name="Google Search" height="25" autoheight="true"><background><format bgcolor="COLOR_HOMERULE" state="selected"/></background></plugin>

you can obviously change the height and background colors easily.
    let me know what you all think...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Miata492; 06-03-2008 at 11:30 AM.

ssb

homescreen

I'm new to the 9qm. In playing with it yesterday, I did something which changed the homescreen, and I don't know how to put it back as before. How do I toggle from showing nothing but the background pic(which it was before i monkeyed with it) to showing the application text-links(which is the view now..ie ..wireless sync..appointments, ect. Thanks

The Official Q9M/C Homescreen Thread

How do I change the Home screen? I downloaded the Facade software but I can't seem to change the display to my likings. I like the home screen Miata492 created. How do I change it to that?

i was actually pm'd by someone for the files for my homescreen and told them i would send them to them. i will actually just attach them here on this thread - i just need a few days - i am crzy busy right now and have no time! i will get to it over the next few days!

I was looking around the site, and I noticed this was about google search. Anyone know the correct plugin or xml information to get google maps on the home page?

Quote Originally Posted by antes11 View Post
    I was looking around the site, and I noticed this was about google search. Anyone know the correct plugin or xml information to get google maps on the home page?
    also replied this to your PM...

Hopefully this helps...
    There is no plugin for google maps for your homescreen. There is a google search plugin you can install to have on your homescreen. The easiest way to get google maps on your homescreen is if:
    A) you are using a homescreen with an MRU plugin and google maps will show up in the MRU bar as a frequented program
    or...
    B) if you are using SBSH's Facade to manage your homescreen and you have a Launcher tab where you can make google maps one of your launcher icons. That is how I did it for my Q9m.