+ Reply to Thread

keyboard question

i just got the q9c and do a lot of messaging on yahoo/msn/aol. my bluetooth logitech keyboard does great on those because you hit enter to send, however on text's i can not seem to find the left hard key and the right hard key on my bluetooth keybard. are they on there? something so i can navigate my phone more easily with my keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by neb1373 View Post
    i just got the q9c and do a lot of messaging on yahoo/msn/aol. my bluetooth logitech keyboard does great on those because you hit enter to send, however on text's i can not seem to find the left hard key and the right hard key on my bluetooth keybard. are they on there? something so i can navigate my phone more easily with my keyboard?
    I have not used a keyboard for the Q9M that I own, so I can't offer any help. But I suspect that logitech would be glad to help. Did you mean soft key when you said hard key?

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

i wasnt for sure if they were called soft or hard cause i'm used to the 6700's touch screen terms. i mean the left start and the right button. when i hit the start button on my keyboard it takes me to the start menu, but does not act as the left soft key. i was thinking tat this would be a wm6 question more than a logitech question though. and also wanting to know if there is a back button, and some other buttons.

I suspect driver that is installed on the device to operate the keyboard maps the keys on the keyboard to the keys (keycodes) used by WM6 for the keys on various phone devices. These keycodes are used by WM6 to interpret what key was pressed. I write software and have used the keycodes to let the software 'press' the key I want. Logitech would control what keycodes are sent when you press a key. Thus, when you press a key on the keyboard, it sends a keycode to the OS (WM6) for that key. If the mapping is incorrect, or is not what you as a user need, Logictech may need to update it's mapping or may have an update for the driver, etc.

Hope this helps.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones