+ Reply to Thread

WM 6.1 for VZW Q9c is out there! And loads on the Q9m!!!

the "unofficial" official WM 6.1 ROM for the VZW Q9c is out there!!!
    Check out this thread on everythingQ.com
    VZW 6.1 Follow-Up - WM6.1 available. - Motorola Q Forum | Everything Q

Everything you need to know to do it is on that thread - just read it all before doing. I think I am the 2nd person to successfully update my Q9m with the 6.1 ROM for the Q9c!!! My M just booted up and my about screen has 6.1 Standard as the OS!! And I have the sliding panel homescreen - very nice! I will post some screen shots later once I have everything re-installed.

Good news.

I will be upgrading in the next couple of days. I will also post feedback on how it goes.

Rob.

There are only a few small issues with it for me, and remember, this is the Q9c ROM and I have installed it on a Q9m

1. Even when having "delete message from server when deleted" is checked off in the email settings, they never delete off the server and keep coming back.

2. google search plugin does not install onto sliding panel homescreen but does on any other homescreen.

3. personalize right softkey does not work on sliding panel homescreen but does on all other screens.

The update took about 15 minutes. I made sure to hard reset my Q before attempting the update and it went perfect for me. My Q is definitely snappier, the browser is better, the threaded texting is awesome, and the sliding panel screens are cool but I need to customize one to better suit me! Also, it seems like I have a lot more memory available then I did before - is it possibe that WM 6.1 manages memory better???

I had no issues upgrading. As Miata492 pointed out, it only took about 15 minutes to complete the upgrade. I really like the update, especially the Sliding Panel Homescreen. It gives the device a very professional look and it is very intuitive. When you have a unread email, the slider adjusts to the email position for quick access.

PIE is much better and has a very nice zoom out feature for navigating full size web pages. I also like the threaded text feature...it makes following a text conversation a lot easier. It has a nice interface, similar to using IM applications.

If you are a careful person and want an early look at the 6.1, I would recommend upgrading. Make sure you follow the instructions in the linked thread above.

Post your results.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

how different is the 9m's hardware from the 9c that this upgrade wouldnt work? aside from asthetics, i thought these phones were identical

the C has GPS that can be used only with VZ Navigator, that is pretty much it. otherwise they are identical besides the color scheme. the C ROM works perfectly on the M, now any site you log into or pc you connect to thinks your M is a C...