+ Reply to Thread

2008 Mini Cooper S Bluetooth Pairing?

recently my wife purchased a mini. She has the Q9c from sprint and the bluetooth pairing seems to be a problem. Mini USA does not claim that the phone works but I know someone has come up with a workaround.

Problem: We get is the car (Q9c BT On, Mini BT On) it pairs but the mini thinks its "in call" always and this prohibits any othe type of control over the radio functions. Cannot even "End Call".

If we turn the Q9c off/on it pairs and functions properly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Nice try MS, you could have been a contender!

Similar issue with my 2008 BMW 328xi. Worked perfectly with Q9c before upgrade to WM 6.1. After upgrade, phone tends to freeze up when I get into car. Connection is not made, or keeps connecting and disconnecting. Taking out battery and putting it back in helps, but still have intermittent connection issues. Very frustrating. I am actually looking into reverting back to WM 6.0, if I can find a ROM to do so.
    rcw2016

Mini Cooper 09 issues with Motorola Q 9c

I just got a new Mini Cooper - love it. However, my motorola Q9c is having issues. The phone pairs well but it won't disconnect the call. My only option is to disconnect the bluetooth. Once I do this the phone finds the bluetooth and is fine until a call is make.

I also believe that the phone is not accepting calls well. I have not had a chance to fully test this.

Has anyone else had this problem - any solution ideas??

MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring - Bluetooth compatibility list

Check out my post over at North American Motoring. I at forst thought we figured it out but since have had another issue that I have not yet looked at.

Basically with the Q9c you are in a "Data Conecction". In the bluetooth advanced settings disconnect the data.

I need to follow up with my wife on her current issue.

Update:
    In the "Wireless Manager" under the "Menu" button there is an option to "Disconnect Cellular Data". It looks like when the phone has the data connection open it is interfereing with the BT.
    Last edited by shwa311; 01-21-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Nice try MS, you could have been a contender!