+ Reply to Thread
    smu
    Converged in a divergent world smu's Avatar

Way to tether Q9 to notebook for Internet Connection Sharing?

I apologize if this information is already in this forum, but I searched and didn't see it. Is there a way to let your notebook computer use the Internet connection from the Q9?

You should have a program in the \Windows directory call InternetSharing or something similar (been awhile), and by simply running that program while connected to the notebook via USB, you should be able to establish a connection to the internet.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

smu
    Converged in a divergent world smu's Avatar
    Hi Rob,
    I wasn't clear in my last message. I have a Touch Pro on Sprint, so I am very familiar with the Internet Sharing program. However, I am trying to help a friend who is using a Q9 on AT&T who doesn't have this program on her phone. How can she tether her notebook to her phone? Thanks!

Okay there are two files in the \Windows folder of the Q9 that will execute the program:

1. internetconnectionsharing.lnk - which could be copied to the \Windows\Start Menu folder and then could be easily accessed by your friend.

2. IntShr.exe is the actual program.

To see these files, you need to go to File Manager and go to the Option menu and turn off the Hide Hidden Files and Hide System Files. It will take a little while for the \Windows folder to display then, but once you have copied the lnk file to the Start Menu folder, you can turn the options back on.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones