+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Accessories Only: Moto Q9 (GSM & CDMA) Updated 9/9/07

The Motorola Q9 has two members in the family, the Moto Q9 (GSM) and the Moto Q9m (CDMA). They share a nearly identical body design with the Q9m having a few changes to it.

This makes posting accessories a bit challenging so you need to note if the accessory is Q9, Q9m or Q9/Q9m friendly. This is make it easier for all.

Please note, when adding a post about a Q9 compatible product please include a link to the manufacturers web page so we can make it easier for all and the moderators when editing this thread.

Screen Protectors:
    Pocket PC Techs - WriteSHIELD™ Screen Protector I have one on my current Verizon Moto Q and its great.

WiFi Cards: miniSD WiFi SDIO Card
    Spectec miniSD WiFI Model #'s SDW-822 & SDW-825 Confirmed by Motorola Support

Bluetooth Headsets:
    Samsung WEP410

*MOTOROKR™ S9 Bluetooth® Stereo Headphones
    98801N

Wired Stereo Headsets:
    Jabra BT325s

i.Tech Clip Radio

Motorola Desktop Charger/Cradle:
    Desktop Charger (MOTO Q9m) SPN5446A
    Last edited by ppcmd; 10-06-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Updated
    My PDA & SmartPhone History: Palm Vx; M505;TungstenT; NX60; iPaq 1910; I700; Treo 600; hx4700; MPx220; hw6515, Treo 700w, XV6700,, Treo 700p, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9h, BlackBerry 8310 & BlackBerry 8820, BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Storm 9530; Droid Incredible; iPhone4; Samsung Captivate; Samsung Fascinate; Droid X, Droid2 Global, Droid X; Droid Incredible. Funny how the familiar is where you end up in the end.

How about a link to the wi-fi cards compatible with the Q9m?

I have added the Spectec miniSD WiFi card, which is rumored to be compatible and pretty cheap, so if someone buys the Q9m and the Spectec card lets confirm it.
    My PDA & SmartPhone History: Palm Vx; M505;TungstenT; NX60; iPaq 1910; I700; Treo 600; hx4700; MPx220; hw6515, Treo 700w, XV6700,, Treo 700p, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9h, BlackBerry 8310 & BlackBerry 8820, BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Storm 9530; Droid Incredible; iPhone4; Samsung Captivate; Samsung Fascinate; Droid X, Droid2 Global, Droid X; Droid Incredible. Funny how the familiar is where you end up in the end.

Just ordered an iTech Clip Radio BT Headset from MobilePlanet:
    i-Tech Clip Radio Stereo Headset (Titanium Grey), #ClipRadio-Ti - MobilePlanet

I'll report back on how it works in a few days.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Good to know, please report back so I can update it to the list.

Moto Q9m:

email from Motorola regarding WIFI card:

Regarding your inquiry, at this time there are there are two Mini SD WLAN Cards that will work with the Moto Q9m. These cards are manufactured by Spectec, and are not currently available for purchase through Motorola: The SDW-822 and the SDW-825.

Bluetooth Headset: The Samsung WEP410 works perfectly (it didn't work too well with the Q)

Cole

cYGONE
    the motorola s9 bluetooth stereo headset works flawlessly with the q9m. same color scheme (red & black).

does the 3200mah extended battery for the moto q from seidio work with the q9m?

Seido Extended Battery

Seido says they do not currently have any products for the Q9m and have no expected date.

Cole

The Jabra BT325S bluetooth headphones seems to work well with the Q9M. Sound quality isn't anything an audiophile would write home about but I think it sounds pretty decent.

Update on my experience w/ the iTech Clip Radio:

The iTech Clip Radio works really well as BT Headphones (using your own wired headphones), and I'm impressed with the sound quality using my Shure e4c headphones. The AVRCP works as advertised, allowing the thumbstick on the Clip to control Play/Pause and Skip FWD/BACK in Media player, though the Volume control seems to control the volume at the Clip, not the slider in WMP (not a big deal). As a Headset (for calls), the mic isn't so great, though I can hear callers just fine. FM Radio reception is OK, but not great (a bit static-y), but the main reason I wanted a radio was in case of emergency, so that's OK as far as I'm concerned. The only other problem I had was that it won't auto-connect to the Q - you must go into the BT settings and manually reconnect it.

If you're looking for a way to connect your headphones to the Q w/o using a 2.5mm/3.5mm adapter (i.e., you want to keep the Q in your pocket or a bag), I would recommend the iTech Clip radio as an option, but if you need a good BT headset for anything more than occasional calls, I wouldn't rely on this as your sole headset.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Anyone have any experience with Scosche Bluetooth products? They have a DIY receiver that plugs into a cigarette socket with an output to an aux in jack on your car radio. I'd order one, but I can't find a vendor.

Welcome to Scosche Industries

Never mind, I bought the Motorola S705 SoundPilot. Works great! It uses the Bluetooth A2DP stereo streaming profile. You attach your own headphones or earbuds to it, or you can connect it to an auxiliary input on your home stereo system or in your car. It works as a handfree device, too. Great for the car. It has an FM tuner built in, too.

Okay...the cradle is now available, along with the extended battery door:

Cradle link on Motorola site:

Battery Door for MOTO Q9m (Extra Capacity) - Motorola US

Extended battery door (this is to the page in the catelog):

Batteries, Chargers & more - Motorola US

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones