+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Software Only: Moto Q9 WM6 (GSM & CDMA)

Now that it is out, we should get a software thread going about what works, what we like, what doesn't work, etc....

Working:
    Facade
    SlingPlayer for Smartphones
    RegEdit for Smartphone (the 2003 version works)
    Laridian's Pocket Bible for Smartphones
    ePocrates--the version for smartphones is less advanced than the PPC version, but is free!
    Windows Live Search
    Google Maps Mobile

Doesn't work:
    Logmein--doesn't work on the smartphone.

Has anyone used VNC or others to remotely control the PPC via smartphone?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Also, XM radio link for PIE works just fine as well (you need an XM subscription already).

My favorite PPC RSS Reader, Egress, is available for SmartPhones and works well on the Q9m:
    Egress - RSS Reader for the SmartPhone
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

PhoneAlarm, Papyrus and IM+ work as well

Automatic Keylock, eWallet Metro, Right Menu, Opera, TCPMP all work. ListPro works but changes keep getting over-written when I sync rather then syncronized with the desktop.

SpashShopper does NOT work (keeps crashing).

My favorite shopping list, HandyShopper Alpha 3 is PPC only and doesn't even try to install. If anyone knows a really good shopping list (ListPro is best alternative I have found, but I don't like it nearly as much as HandyShopper) please let me know. Preferably in the next 28 days before my ListPro trial runs out and I need to buy it

Alan
    Last edited by alanb; 08-29-2007 at 08:04 PM.

Opera mobile (not Opera Mini---please don't try to install! It is for "regular" cell phones) is working for me as well, but it is the only program that has crashed the phone (twice) on me. Once on a download of a movie file, and once surfing a site that I think had flash graphics.

Okay, eWallet Pro works fine, and syncs via Active Sync well.
    Ilium's screen capture works well and is free! (see pic below)
    Mastersoft Sudoku works as well.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mwfielder View Post
    Okay, I tried this one this weekend (they have a trial version). The download from Handango (pocketgear doesn't carry it) has the PC installer. I had to go to the maker's website for the mobile cab file, but that was easy. Installs easily. A couple of emails to activate service and it was up and running.

On initial use, it seems pretty easy to use. You'll never want to do any serious work on the smartphone screen, but if you need to pull something up or set up something you forgot to do.....it seems to do the job. Downside it is $45 to buy. But at least we have one remote product that seems to work. I think alanb is trying out another one this weekend, so I'm sure he'll give us some feedback on it.

I have tried Google Maps and it seems to work well!

Good Mobile Messaging

Anyone else having trouble getting Good Messaging working on their Phone? Something along the lines of "this carrier doesn't support Good", even though I know they do.

Best Q9 sofware?

What would be most helpful is OPINIONS on software that works on the Q9. It's one thing to know what software WORKS but quite another to know what works BEST! For example, I was told that the Opera program works better than the program that comes with the Q - would appreciate hearing from others if they agree.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyn View Post
    What would be most helpful is OPINIONS on software that works on the Q9. It's one thing to know what software WORKS but quite another to know what works BEST! For example, I was told that the Opera program works better than the program that comes with the Q - would appreciate hearing from others if they agree.
    I apologize for sounding flippant but define BEST? Thats an awfully subjective term! What I think is best isn't necessarily what you or anyone else thinks is best.

NewsBreak, my favorite newsreader, works great on my new Q9H. Fortunately, Opera Mobile comes standard!
    Ascii stupid question, get a stupid Ansi.

Quote Originally Posted by mwfielder View Post
    I've been using it since yesterday with my AT&T Q9 Global and the software is outstanding! You can really control your PC.

I've been having problems with Slingplayer and the Q9.
    When I connect, it shows 2 screens instead of one (actually one screen in the middle and hal-screen in the lower part). Do I need any special settings to make it work with the Q9 Global? Thanks...

VZ Navigator

I have the Q9m and am wondering if VZ Navigator from Verizon will be ever be a available for it. Has anyone heard anything? I really like VZ Navigator. Its not as accurate as GPS but gets the job done.
    Last edited by smithalb; 11-23-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Want to see replys

I also would like VZ Navigator. I have attempted to get Verizon to say whether or not they were going to offer it on the Q9m, but have not been successful.

Rob.

WLS w/ voice directions

For those on the post that mentioned that they have used Windows Mobile Live with a separate GPS receiver on the Q9m, does WLS provide turn-by-turn GPS directions w/ voice? If not, what software does provide this functionality on Q9m?