+ Reply to Thread

Phone beeps every 15 minutes for no reason/Clock has stopped

Hey guys.
    Starting last night at 12:14AM my phone has started beeping (a three part beep that is not in the list of sounds for the phone -- sounds like a system sound) every 15 minutes.

By changing the profile options I have narrowed it down to being a Notification sound. I set the backlight and screen to never shut off and watched the phone while the sound occured and no popups happen, no icons change at the top of the screen. I have no appointments in the calendar. I have restarted the phone a couple times and still nothing works.

Also, there are no programs running in the task manager.

It's driving me crazy. I need my phone for an alarm clock but I get awakened during the night by the sound. Haha.

As I was typing this I noticed it hadn't beeped. My clock had frozen at 10:32 (three minutes past it's last beep even though it it now 10:49.)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

This is not normal behavior and I suggest you try to a hard reset on the device (Master Reset on the menu). Make sure you have backed up any needed data prior to doing it. It will restore the device to it's original state and help you determine if it is hardware issue.

If this does not solve it, you can get it replaced.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

Actually, a former PPC67K User PPC67K User's Avatar
    Whoa! Don't go wasting your carrier's money on a replacement just yet.

Check your messages. All of them--voicemail, email (all accounts), text messages.

That annoying, undefined, every-ten-minutes beep that doesn't sound like your other beeps is your "Unanswered Messages" beep. It's not controlled from the "Sounds" menu under settings, it's controlled by a setting in the pocket outlook, and it ignores your universal settings.

If you don't have unread messages, there's a setting somewhere for "clear message counter" but I can't remember where it is and I think there's one for each kind of message. As a last resort you can just take out your battery and reboot the thing but it shouldn't require a brain-erasing master reset.

That frozen clock, though, is not a problem I saw when I had the same thing happen to me.

--(F)PU

The setting for Unread Message Alert is in Start>Settings>Unread Message Alert. I thought this was set to off by default, but maybe in some cases it is not. You can check to make sure it is set to off.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

Quote Originally Posted by PPC67K User View Post
    Whoa! Don't go wasting your carrier's money on a replacement just yet.

Check your messages. All of them--voicemail, email (all accounts), text messages.

That annoying, undefined, every-ten-minutes beep that doesn't sound like your other beeps is your "Unanswered Messages" beep. It's not controlled from the "Sounds" menu under settings, it's controlled by a setting in the pocket outlook, and it ignores your universal settings.

If you don't have unread messages, there's a setting somewhere for "clear message counter" but I can't remember where it is and I think there's one for each kind of message. As a last resort you can just take out your battery and reboot the thing but it shouldn't require a brain-erasing master reset.

That frozen clock, though, is not a problem I saw when I had the same thing happen to me.

--(F)PU
    Thank you for this comment. I just join tonight to thank you for this answer, I would have done a master reset if I had not be search for the answer first. Again thanks

Question same problem

I have the same problem with my Moto Q. The VM reminder beeps at me every 15 minutes even when I have no VM's, the only differens is the VM Icon stays on my desktop and will not clear. I have gone in several times to see if I have any saved VM's but there are none. I have gone to my providers store and they have no idea why it does it. It is driving me crazy. I am sure it is something simple but I cant figure it out.
    HELP