+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have the Subsidy unlock code for my phone. Now what ?

OK, I called Cingular quite a few time until I got lucky to find out a person who was educated enough to understand what is a Subsidy unlock code.
    All this person did was checked (I dont know what) if I was "authorized" to receive this code. When I asked the code, the person told me to go to a Cingular store where they could read the notes on my account and will unlock my phone.
    When I went to the store, they had NO idea what was a Subsidy code and how to unlock it. (Even though they could see it in my account notes).
    So from there I called the Cust service where I had to re-explain everything; the agent said that he will do a conference call with Moto, since Moto wont talk to us customers directly regd. Subsidy unlock. After waiting for 25mins on the phone, this agent says that he has to manually fill in a request form for the same. The response to this form may take anything between 2 days to a week!
    So I had him do this for my 2 phones.
    This agent actually gets back to me in 2/3 days. I am having my lunch (in office) so I tell him to SMS me the code. This dork gives me only 1 unlock code for my wife's phone (he thought it was mine)
    and writes NO instructions of how and where to use it!
    Even I was a greater dork as to forgetting to ask him while I could, as to how to use this code.
    So now I am stuck with a Subsidy unlock code which I dont know where to use. I still dont have code for my cell. I never get together with my wife, her cell and a T-mobile sim card. Therefore I cant even do any trial-error with her phone.
    I called again, after almost a month, to Cingular. This time I got a pseudo-educated agent who told me that the Subsidy unlock codes for all MPx220 are the same and that they are not dependent on IMEI. I know he is talking BS. But I still check if my wife's code will work on my cell. Surely, it DID NOT work.

So if anyone has any ideas, I am listening.

This is the message I got from Cingular when they emailed me my unlock code:

The following is the process for entering the unlock code for your phone.

IMPORTANT: You have five tries to enter this code into your phone. If you go beyond the five tries unsuccessfully your phone will not be able to be unlocked. If you get "Code Error" displayed on your handset twice we suggest you call us before going any further.

1. Insert the non-Cingular SIM card.

2. Turn on your handset.

You will then be prompted to enter the eight digit unlock code.
    Your unlock code is:
    The handset is then successfully unlocked.

All other Motorola handset models use these instructions:

1. Insert the non-Cingular SIM card.

2. Turn on your handset.

3. Press and hold the * key until a box appears.

4. Enter *#32#

5. Press OK

6. Enter the unlock code:

7. The handset is then successfully unlocked.

For further customer service and assistance please call: 1-866-331-0500

kyee where/how did you get your unlock code? Thanks.
    Paul B

Thanks a lot kyee.

Well, I have tried once on my handset.

I'll try now on my wife's handset. Will let you guys know if
    the outcome was good.

Originally posted by ThaMATRiX
    kyee where/how did you get your unlock code? Thanks.
    I followed the steps outlined in another thread here to request the unlock code from Cingular. It also works for AT&T phones.

Do you happen to have those steps? Thanks.
    Paul B

Nevermind, I called up, but they don't like to give unlock codes until you cancel service with them apparently... I got them for both of our Motorola phones (v551 and my MPx220) after a little sweet talking with the cingular representative. Thanks for the tips.
    Paul B

I inserted my simcard from a Brazilian carrier, and as soon as I inserted the message show up in my screen: "Enter PIN and press 'Done'. 3 attempts remaining" I tried 0000 and then pressed done. But, obviosly it didn't work. Now I have just 2 other attempts.
    Does anybody have the right code?
    I will appreciate.

I called Cingular and they gave me my SIM unlock code.

He asked if I needed PIN 1 or 2, and then gave me PIN 1's code as I did not know. Being a noob and all, what is the difference between a SIM and a Subsidy lock code is? And PIN 1 and 2 ?

So with this being said, you do not know if the phone is really unlocked until you put a non-cingular card into the phone?

Hmmm.....

Yes, thats correct. Try finding someone with a T-Mobile SIM Card to see if it works. For some odd reason I took my phone and put a t-mobile sim card in it and the t-mobile card worked fine without unlocking the phone, i even made calls from my friends number. So apparently my phone is already unlocked. That could be the case with yours too.
    Paul B

You can also try another Cingular SIM

Originally posted by ThaMATRiX
    Yes, thats correct. Try finding someone with a T-Mobile SIM Card to see if it works. For some odd reason I took my phone and put a t-mobile sim card in it and the t-mobile card worked fine without unlocking the phone, i even made calls from my friends number. So apparently my phone is already unlocked. That could be the case with yours too.
    Actually, it does not have to be a different carrier to find out if your mpx220 is unlocked or not.

I tried my mpx220 with two other Cingular SIMs and it works. My SIM does not work on their phones.

Of course I also tried a T-mobile SIM just to make sure. It works on my mpx220..

Give it a try

Does anyone possibly know the "SUBSIDY PASSWORD" for :
    Carrier: Cingular
    Phone: Motorola V551

Thank you in advance,
    Heartles1

yea i need the subsidy code for that motorola v551 anybody can help me with that if u have it

Lightbulb Basic INstructions for unlocking most Motorola phones

First check your phone to see if it is unlocked. How? Insert a different carriers sim card into your phone, power on handset on if the phone allows you to make calls out, ect then your phone is already unlocked.

To unlock: Insert carriers sim card
    Power on handset
    Wait for phone to fully power up
    Enter unlock code( you have to get this from your carrier; some have specific times only they will give this to you like if you plan to travel internationally or go to another provider or if you paid full price for your phone) then press okay. Handset is unlocked.

Nokia unlock how to:
    power phone on, press # key once, press * ket three times ( will display a "p" on your screen) , press * four times ( will display a "w"), press the * two times ( will display a "+", press the 1 key, press the # key one time. Handset is unlocked. ***Note for newer Nokia phones instead of pressing the 1 key above, you have to instead press "7"
    Hope this helps

I have some info on how to unlock other phones like blackberry,lg,seimens,sony,treo,mitshibishi. I can provide basic instructions but you will need to call your provider or go online and pay for a unlock code. You can go to gsmliberty.com

Originally posted by ckaoss
    yea i need the subsidy code for that motorola v551 anybody can help me with that if u have it
    You can go to www.gsmliberty.com and pay $25.00 and your phone will be unlocked in a matter of seconds after downloading their software on your computer and hooking up a usb cord to your phone. It's worth the money.

I am a Tech Support Rep with Cingular and can understand your frustration.You only have 5 tries to enter subsidy unlock and any Rep who know's anything has access to download model specific info on entering code.If you are still having trouble let me know if I can be of assistance.

P.S.
    The normal turnaround time for subsidy code after request is submitted is 5 business days or less.

V3 Cingular Phone Software Unlocked ?

Hello I purchased a Black Cingular V3 from a guy who said it was Software unlocked..Not hardware unlocked. It a new phone ( or Refirbed) He said A guy unlocked the video recorder ( it does work) we used his Cingular Sim from his phone to test it out. He also said If I put my sons T- mobile sim in it , it would work..but he also said it may get a subsidy code prompt. I'm confused. If I have T-Mobile service and a Cingular Phone who do I call if I get this message ?

Thanks

It needs Subsidy Code

I just tried a T- Mobile Sim and It asked for a subsidy code. Would that be a cingular suppiled code ?