+ Reply to Thread

Overclocking the cpu for the MP3 app

Overclocking the CPU a little with Fast CPU has allowed me to play >128bps mp3's. Don't overclock the entire system just certain apps and you shouldn't notice any unstability.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I mentioned your idea in the "7135 & mp3s" thread.

Can you play mp3s in the background while using other apps? seems to me that it would overclock both apps then.

Probably only a problem on picky apps, but still a great idea for 160kbs & 192kbs mp3s.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Haven't used Fast CPU with a multitasking launcher

Not sure what would happen.

a wittekind - 2 questions for you, does overclocking increase battery useage? and can your play 160 or 192 kbit mp3s skip free when the app is overclocked?

Play skip free 192kbs MP3's

Yes you can play 192kbs mp3's with out the skipping if you overclock the cpu for the mp3 app. As far as battery life... I imagine overclocking could lessen the battery life but only by a fraction. I think that the screen brightness and talk time are the major factors. Also, note that I am only overclocking the mp3 app. not the entire system.

That's great news!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    Out of curiousity, will the overclocking "hold" when you're playing an MP3 and move into a different application?
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

How do you overclock the CPU on the 7135?

A 3rd party app called "FastCPU".
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

bad playback

I am also getting stuttering when playing back mp3's on a sandisk 256 card.

I am trying fastcpu and it is helping but still get a couple bad spots. Anyone get it working perfect?

Re: bad playback

Originally posted by waiting
    I am also getting stuttering when playing back mp3's on a sandisk 256 card.

I am trying fastcpu and it is helping but still get a couple bad spots. Anyone get it working perfect?
    OK, fastcpu just forced me to hard reset my baby. On connection and it was toast. I'll sacrafice mp3 playing for now.

the problem is related to the actual processor of the 7135. I love everything about it (aside from the dim lit keypad!!) But after working with a Palm Zire 71 for the last 2 days ( I'm setting it up for a friend for his birthday) I have fallen in love with OS 5 Hi-Res screen and the speed of the Zire 71 !! it is unbelievable!! I copied 320k MP3 onto the SD card and started playing the music both through the external speaker (blows away the 7135 speaker ) and the head phones and I even was playing around the Zire running different programs, playing games and misc. stuff and it didn't skip a beat!

I am now wondering about the Samsung SGH series palm phone and what that one will be like! I guess I will have to wait another year if not longer before I see a newer version of the 7135 out.

But in the mean time I guess I will just finish up the Zire for my friend and give it to him so I can stop drooling over it!