+ Reply to Thread
    On my 12th PDA phone!

Has anyone tried the Samsung I330?

I am a Verizon customer. But I could not help but notice that the Samsung I330 is a tri-mode phone.

I have been waiting for the 7135. (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting...) But the Samsung caught my eye. They offer a full install car kit. I have not got a stright answer if it has an external antenna connector, but it looks like it does.

My only question is the SprintPCS software in the phone. Will that be a problem? If I enter my phone number and SID, will it work? Of course, I will have to update the PRL. But that can be done over the air. Right?

I don't really need a MP3 player. I have had my Creative Nomad Jukebox for over two years and it still works great. Plus I can't afford a real SD card anyway. I would want the 1GB or 4GB that Panasonic is offering in Europe. But those will cost more than the phone. So it is not really pratical.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Convirged since 1999 with a Qualcomm pdQ-800!

theguero,

Hopefully marctronixx will chime in here, as he has and enjoys his I330.

Incidentally, I too have a Creative Nomad Jukebox and still enoy it. What size harddrive does yours have?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

On my 12th PDA phone!
    Mine was originally the 6GB. I bought it in October of 2000.

I later upgraded the HD to a 20GB. I followed the instructions on Tomshardware.com to a "T". Worked like a champ. I put an IBM Travelstar in it.

Does marctronixx use his I330 on Verizon?
    Convirged since 1999 with a Qualcomm pdQ-800!

I have an i330 on sprint and it is very nice. Only had it for a day but I like it other than the exposed screen and lack of SD slot - a 7135 with unlimited vision and the voice covings of vzw would be perfect. But, for $200 I can't complain
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Originally posted by theguero
    Mine was originally the 6GB. I bought it in October of 2000.

I later upgraded the HD to a 20GB. I followed the instructions on Tomshardware.com to a "T". Worked like a champ. I put an IBM Travelstar in it.

Does marctronixx use his I330 on Verizon?

I upgraded mine to a 40gig harddrive and love it. Glad you are happy with yours too.

Marctronixx... or 'nixx as I like to call him, has his I330 on Sprint. Verizon doesn't carry it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I think theguero was asking if the i330 could be converted over to Verizon service by updating the PRL, since it's a tri-mode phone?

Just like Sprint doesn't carry the 7135, but sources say it can work with Sprint service if the appropriate flashing is done.