+ Reply to Thread

Uninstall Issue for Palm Desktop--Help Please

I just did a hard reset, uninstalled the palm desktop, deleted the palm folder (after moving my backups), and reinstalled. Now when I open the Palm desktop, it gives me two error messages--that it can't find splashphoto and splashshopper. Those programs were both uninstalled. Why is it looking for them? Anyone know what file I need to delete to get an uninstall (the annoying persistence of these files after I uninstalled them is precisely why I went with Datashield instead of SplashID). I don't like having to clear two dialogue boxes every time I open desktop. Thanks.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Re: Uninstall Issue for Palm Desktop--Help Please

Originally posted by BrerLapn
    I just did a hard reset, uninstalled the palm desktop, deleted the palm folder (after moving my backups), and reinstalled. Now when I open the Palm desktop, it gives me two error messages--that it can't find splashphoto and splashshopper. Those programs were both uninstalled. Why is it looking for them? Anyone know what file I need to delete to get an uninstall (the annoying persistence of these files after I uninstalled them is precisely why I went with Datashield instead of SplashID). I don't like having to clear two dialogue boxes every time I open desktop. Thanks.
    Probably a registry setting, but since I haven't used these programs, I can't tell you exactly where to look in the registry.

Alan

Cocked, Locked & Loaded RedDog205's Avatar
    open regedit and do a search for splash.
    Nothing is idiot proof. There's always a smarter Idiot.
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/reddog205.jpg

Thanks guys. Those splash programs stick themselves all over the registry, but I finally got a clean install. (Not that you'll see this since it got moved to the off topic netherlands, but thanks anyway.)
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...